The Moulinette ( la Moulinette , literally small mill , from French le moulin: the mill ) is a universal chopper for the kitchen, which was specially developed by Moulinex in 1960 for chopping food. It can chop both dry and moist foods. Originally it was a hand-operated machine or mill made of sheet metal, which was hand-operated by means of a crank, which picked up the material from above and delivered it down into a plate etc.
The current version is a fixed engine block with attached, removable container and knife, with a plastic housing. It is typical of the electric moulinette that the grinding process is started by pressing the lid of the device. Now, since the takeover of both Moulinex and Tefal by SEB , there are also models from Tefal .
The drive unit with motor sets a knife in rotation in a closed container. The drive unit is activated by pressing the cover. A safety lock prevents activation of the device as long as the container is not securely closed and locked. Releasing the button ends the rotation. The grist is both finely chopped and mixed by the rotating knife. Usually an optimal result is achieved by pressing three times, one also speaks of the 1-2-3 principle.
The moulinette can be used to chop almost any food. It is used for chopping individual ingredients such as nuts or herbs, but also for preparing pestos and relishes . Among other things, it is also suitable for pureeing vegetables for the preparation of baby food.
Outside the kitchen, the moulinette is used to prepare samples for scientific research.
The market launch of the Moulinette took place in 1960. In 2002, the production of the Moulinette was discontinued after Moulinex went bankrupt. In 2011, with the reintroduction of Moulinex as a brand, production was resumed.
- Test result from technology home for the Moulinette Plus: good - very good.
- Test results from Testberichte.de for the Moulinette Plus: Very good.
- Moulinex Cookbook [for The] Moulinette Chopper / blender . Moulinex Ltd.
- La Moulinette 1000. (No longer available online.) Tefal, archived from the original on January 31, 2015 ; accessed on January 26, 2015 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Moulinex Moulinette: a review. Helpful.de, accessed on January 26, 2015 .
- Andreas Bär Läsker: No need for meat. Or: It's vegan if you laugh anyway . Trias, Stuttgart 2015, ISBN 978-3-8304-8233-8 , pp. 18 .
- Monika Arndt: The Baby Cookbook. Guide for parents . Deutscher Taschenbuch Verlag, Munich 2012, ISBN 978-3-423-41301-5 , pp. 80 .
- Anette Reisinger: radiocaesium in mushrooms (= Bibliotheca mycologica . Band 155 ). Cramer in the Gebrüder Borntraeger publishing house, Berlin a. a. 1994, ISBN 3-443-59057-8 , pp. 33 (At the same time: Regensburg, Universität, Dissertation, 1993).
- PA Koolmees, PG Bijker, JG van Logtestijn, J. Tuinstra-Melgers: Histometrical and Chemical Analysis of Mechanically Deboned Pork, Poultry and Veal. In: Journal of Animal Science. Vol. 63, No. 6, 1986, pp. 1830-1837, here p. 1831, doi: 10.2134 / jas1986.6361830x .
- The story of a brand. Moulinex, accessed January 26, 2015 .
- Product test: Moulinex - the cult brand is back with new products. Consumer Goddesses, accessed January 26, 2015 .
- 5 shredders in the test. (PDF) Technology at Home, August 2014, accessed on January 26, 2015 .
- Moulinex La Moulinette Plus DP800G test (chopper). Testberichte.de, accessed on January 26, 2015 .