PGF / Ti k Z
|PGF / Ti k Z|
|Maintainer||Till Tantau, Christian Feuersänger|
(January 8, 2020)
|programming language||TeX , Lua|
|category||Markup language , graphics|
|License||GNU General Public License version 2.0 (GPLv2)|
PGF / Ti k Z is a combination of two computer languages for creating vector graphics . Ti k Z is designed as a front end to the macro package PGF, but does not offer a graphical interface , but provides a simpler syntax than PGF.
The two languages are interpreted by TeX , LaTeX or ConTeXt . The range of functions of PGF / Ti k Z is comparable to that of PSTricks , but in contrast to this, both the generation of PostScript and PDF files and even SVG files are supported as output.
Ti k Z has a modular structure and offers a large number of different packages for various functions such as the creation of fill patterns, color gradients or the use of shapes including circuit symbols. From version 3.0.0, published in 2013, Ti k Z contains its own framework implemented in Lua for automated graph drawing . LuaTeX is then required for use.
The abbreviation PGF stands for "portable graphics format". Ti k Z is a recursive acronym and means "Ti k Z is not a drawing program".
Some programs that can generate vector graphics offer the option of saving graphics in PGF or Ti k Z format; including the mathematical symbol program GeoGebra , the vector graphics software Inkscape , 3D animation software Blender , the numerical software Matlab , matplotlib and the statistical software R . In addition, there are editors such as KtikZ that support the direct design of Ti k z graphics by displaying the described graphic in real time.
In LaTeX, in addition to PSTricks, PGF / Ti k Z is often used to create graphics, especially when writing scientific papers with a mathematical, natural or engineering context .
- official project page
- PGF / Ti k Z on CTAN
- PGF / Ti k Z manual (English; PDF; 10.5 MB)
- Sample collection on TeXample.net
- The TeX Catalog Online ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Till Tantau: Graph Drawing in Ti k Z . In: Journal of Graph Algorithms and Applications . tape 17 , no. 4 , 2013, p. 495-513 , doi : 10.7155 / jgaa.00301 . ; see also GD 2012 presentation (extended version by: Till Tantau: Graph Drawing in Ti k Z. In: Graph Drawing (= Lecture Notes in Computer Science ). Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2012, ISBN 978-3-642-36762- 5 , p. 517-528 , doi : 10.1007 / 978-3-642-36763-2_46 ( springer.com [accessed December 3, 2017]). ).
- svg2tikz - An extension for exporting from Inkscape to PGF / Ti k Z code for use with LaTeX, ConTeXt and plain TeX
- A Blender to Ti k Z exporter
- matlab2tikz on MatlabCentral
- Matfig2PGF on MatlabCentral
- matplotlib manual
- tikzDevice - A Device for R Graphics Output in PGF / Ti k Z format
- Joachim Schlosser: Graphics in LaTeX - TikZ / pgf, picture, PSTricks, MetaPost , October 5, 2010.
- Christoph Richter: Scientific publications with LaTeX (PDF; 2.1 MB), Institute for Fluid Mechanics and Technical Acoustics, TU Berlin
- Fadi Semmo: Writing scientific papers with LaTeX , (PDF; 1 MiB), September 30, 2012, workshop of the Institute for Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University of Potsdam.