Personnel selection (also: personnel selection ) refers to the assignment of job candidates (internal and external applicants ) to jobs under economic, legal, social and ideological framework conditions and by means of recruitment and selection techniques that are ideally based on aptitude diagnostics . Recruiting is an essential part of recruiting .
The selection of personnel is about:
- Development of criteria ,
- Determination of forecast parameters,
- Classification of work performance,
- Determination of the relationship between predictive value and actual work performance,
- Selection among observed people.
In the course of the selection process, information about the applicant is obtained, which should lead to an appropriate decision. The type and quality of this information can be controlled by the choice of procedures and the way in which they are used. Differences are to be assumed depending on the requirements, assignment and personal ideas of the judge.
Assessment criteria for the success of a personnel selection system are, in addition to the acceptance of the methods and the process by the applicants, in particular the objectivity , the measurement accuracy of the procedures used ( reliability ) and the prognostic quality. The latter is called the prognostic validity . The methodological requirements for the process of personnel selection are described in DIN 33430 (“Requirements for procedures and their use in job-related aptitude assessments”).
The term personnel selection can also be found in this area. It should be noted here that in psychological diagnostics "selection decision" is the common name for categorical dichotomous decisions and in psychology selection, which is based on the English language, it is the common name for selection processes.
- Aptitude test
- Aptitude diagnostics
- Personnel diagnostics
- Selection process
- Instrument for recording key competencies
- UP Kanning, J. Pöttker, K. Klinge: Personnel selection. A practical Guide. Schäffer-Poeschel, Stuttgart 2008, ISBN 978-3-7910-2758-6 .
- W. Sarges: Personnel. Selection, evaluation and development. In: J. Straub, J. Kochinka, H. Werbik (eds.): Psychology in practice. Application and professional fields of a modern science. dtv, Munich 2000, ISBN 3-423-36183-2 , pp. 487-522.
- H. Schuler: Psychological selection of personnel. Introduction to occupational suitability diagnostics. 3. Edition. Hogrefe, Göttingen 2000, ISBN 3-8017-0865-9 .
- S. Kolominski: The blind spot in the personnel selection process. Identification of unconscious factors in the selection process using the example of recruitment interviews. Dr. Kovac, Hamburg 2009, ISBN 978-3-8300-3952-5 .
- Arnulf Weuster: Personnel selection I. International research results on the requirement profile, applicant search , preselection, job interview and references . 3. Edition. Springer Gabler, 2012, ISBN 978-3-8349-3314-0 .
- Arnulf Weuster: Personnel selection II. International research results on the behavior and characteristics of interviewers and applicants . 3. Edition. Springer Gabler, 2012, ISBN 978-3-8349-3592-2 .
- A. Weinert: Organizational and Personal Psychology. 5th edition. Beltz, Weinheim 2004, p. 316f.
- A. Wick: Judges in personnel selection. Hampp, Munich 2005, p. 56.
- Selection in DORSCH Lexicon of Psychology