Under voice Purismus (French. Purisme, to lat. Purus "clean") or Voice cleaning the test is meant all foreign and loan words of a language to be removed by from the material's own language new words are formed. Representatives of a language purism are also referred to as language cleaners .
For linguistic purism in individual languages see also:
- French: French language purism
- Italian: Accademia della Crusca
- German: German language purism
- Icelandic: Icelandic language purism
- Turkish: Öztürkçe
- Alan Kirkness: On language cleaning in German 1789-1871. A historical documentation. 2 parts. Narr, Tübingen 1975. ISBN 3-87808-626-1 .