The Stauffer bushing or Stauffer bushing is a lubricant dispenser (grease reservoir) for the supply of lubricant to bearings , which presses fresh grease through a hole at the bearing point with every turn when the cover with a fine thread is tightened. (DIN 3411).
The preferred lubricant is Stauffer grease .
- Stephan Jellinek: Transmissions. Shafts - bearings - couplings - belt and rope drive systems, Springer Verlag, Berlin / Heidelberg 1912, pp. 116–118.
- Gert Westhoff: Practical lubrication technology in operation. Vulkan-Verlag, 1963, page 154 ff.
- Richard Ascher: The lubricants, their type, testing and use. A guide for the business man, 2nd edition, published by Julius Springer, Berlin 1931, pp. 195–197.
- Ferdinand Alexander Wilcke: The practical stoker and machinist. Part I- [II], A textbook and auxiliary book for stokers and machinists, Volume 2, Verlag L. Staackmann, 1902, pp. 211-213.
- Karl-Heinz Decker: Decker machine elements. Function - design and calculation, 20th edition, Carl Hanser Verlag, Munich 2018, ISBN 978-3-446-45029-5 , pp. 491–493.