The division of lessons into lesson phases and their alternation, also called phasing in technical language , is determined by their function for the lesson and by the chosen social form . Only general phases such as greeting and saying goodbye are the same.
A division of the teaching time according to the teaching function follows this pattern:
- Lesson introduction to the lesson topic
- Transition with the central question or problem orientation
- Elaboration (possibly divided into partial steps or groups)
- Summary / securing results / presentation of results
- if necessary deepening through application / exercise / transfer / reflection