Yahoo User Interface Library
|Yahoo User Interface Library
( October 22, 2014 )
YUI offers a variety of functions and is divided into different areas for a better overview. The higher-level components of version 3 are Core , Infrastructure , Developer Tools , Utilities , CSS and Widgets .
The core component offers basic options for DOM scripting and working with events such as mouse clicks or keystrokes. Infrastructure provides several YUI base classes.
Utilities contains a large number of different help functions. Examples of this are a rich text editor, support for drag and drop , the resizer with which block elements can be defined as freely scalable by the user in the browser, or the functions for working with the JSON data exchange format .
The CSS component aims to work with cascading style sheets . It primarily offers a reset stylesheet through YUI's uniform style specifications, so that individual adaptations are easier.
Widgets offer ready-made, customizable page elements such as a calendar for selecting a date or a slider element that can simplify the selection of values for the user compared to conventional HTML form elements.
The YUI developers develop the framework with the stipulation that it should be applicable in as many browsers as possible and pursue a strategy for "graded browser support".
For productive use, some versions of YUI can be delivered via the content delivery networks of Yahoo or Google, depending on the provider and variant also with encrypted transmission or in compressed form.
The YUI Library project was founded by Thomas Sha and funded internally by Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang . Development began in 2005, and Yahoo services such as My Yahoo and the Yahoo website began using YUI in the summer of that year. In February 2006 it was released under the BSD license.
At the beginning, YUI was further developed internally by Yahoo. Since January 2009 the developer community at YUI can contribute to the further development with the help of GitHub . In September 2009 the newly developed version 3 was published.
In August 2014, Yahoo announced that it would no longer support the further development of YUI.
- ↑ Release 3.18.1 . October 22, 2014 (accessed September 19, 2018).
- ↑ developer.yahoo.com/yui/license.html ( Memento of the original dated December 23, 2009 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- ↑ http://yuilibrary.com/yui/docs/guides/
- ↑ http://yuilibrary.com/yui/docs/tutorials/faq/#does-yui-work-in-all-web-browsers
- ↑ http://yuilibrary.com/yui/docs/tutorials/gbs/
- ↑ http://yuilibrary.com/yui/docs/tutorials/faq/#is-yui-3-on-the-google-cdn
- ↑ YUI was released for public use
- ↑ YUIBlog GitHub
- ↑ GitHub
- ↑ http://yahooeng.tumblr.com/post/96098168666/important-announcement-regarding-yui