Cement paste is a viscous mixture of cement and water and forms the basis for concrete and mortar . The exact mixing ratio of the substances is also known as the water-cement ratio and is decisive for the later quality of concrete and mortar. Hardened cement paste is also known as cement stone . Pure cement paste or stone is used in special civil engineering and in concrete repairs ; for the building materials concrete and mortar, aggregates such as sand and gravel - today as aggregates , formerly known as aggregates - and, if necessary, concrete additives are added.
Cement mixed with pure quartz sand is used as passive rust protection for backfilling steel pipes. Due to the high pH value of the mixture, steel pipes can no longer corrode internally.
- Investigations into the kinetics of basic reaction steps in the hydration of Portland and blast furnace cements (accessed June 28, 2019)
- Cements and their production (accessed June 28, 2019)
- Compendium Zement Beton (accessed June 28, 2019)
- Freezing and hardening mechanism (accessed June 28, 2019)
- The pore structure of cement stone and its suitability for gas separation (accessed on June 28, 2019)