As a trained agricultural worker, she and her husband managed a farm in mountain farming zone 1 from 1967 to 2000. In addition, Schierhuber was and is active in various political offices and functions, including the Lower Austrian Farmers' Union , the Chamber of Agriculture and from 1986 to 1996 in the Federal Council .
She has been chairwoman of the Austrian Association for Medicinal and Spice Plants since 1993.
In 2000 she was awarded the title of economist and the farm was handed over to the oldest daughter. She has been married since 1967 and has two daughters.
In the European Parliament , Agnes Schierhuber was a full member of the Agriculture and Rural Development Committee as well as of the Delegation Canada and a substitute member of the Committee on Employment and Social Affairs. In the Group of the European People's Party ( EPP-ED ), she was Vice-Chair of Working Group C (Agriculture, Fisheries, Budget, Budget Control).
- 1995 Great Silver Medal of Honor for Services to the Republic of Austria
- 1996 Silver Chamber Medal from the Lower Austrian Chamber of Agriculture
- 1996 Leopold Figl coin in silver of the Lower Austrian Farmers' Union
- 2000 appointment as economist
- 2005 Great Golden Decoration of Honor for Services to the Republic of Austria
- 2006 Gold Medal of Honor from the Lower Austrian Farmers' Union
- 2006 Golden Chamber Medal from the Lower Austrian Chamber of Agriculture
- 2009 Knight of the Legion of Honor (Chevalier de la Légion d'Honneur)
- 2014 Hans Kudlich Prize
- Agnes Schierhuber on the website of the Austrian Parliament
- Entry on Agnes Schierhuber in the Members' database of the European Parliament
- List of all decorations awarded by the Federal President for services to the Republic of Austria from 1952 (PDF; 6.9 MB)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian politician (ÖVP), member of the Federal Council, MEP|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 31, 1946|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Reith|