Amin Abou Rashed
Rashed has campaigned for the Palestinian cause through various foundations and activist groups. In the past he worked under the name Amin Abou Ibrahim for the Dutch Al-Aqsa Foundation . This foundation has been associated with Hamas and has been on the list of banned terrorist organizations since 2003. Rashed had ties to the Holy Land Foundation , an American organization that was accused in the United States in 2008 of funding Hamas. Together with Mohammed Cheppih , Rashed was also active for the Palestinian Platform for Human Rights and Solidarity (PPMS). Rashed lost his arm in a previous action against Israel .
In 2010, Amin Abou Rashed was a crew member on board the ship "Mavi Marmara", which was stopped by the Israeli Navy as part of a convoy to Gaza . Along with the anthropologist Anne de Jong, he was one of the two crew members with Dutch nationality. According to a posting on the website of the Muslim Brotherhood , Rashed is one of the initiators of the European action to break the blockade of Gaza and is regarded by Israeli intelligence as "the head of the fundraising campaign for Hamas" in Western Europe.
When a second Gaza aid fleet was established in June 2011, which was prevented by the Greek government from leaving the port, Israeli minister Juli-Joel Edelstein reacted to a report in the Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf :
- “The participation of Hamas member Amin Abu Rashid in the flotilla, known for raising funds for Hamas terrorist operations, is clear evidence that this is not a humanitarian flotilla but a provocation and a terrorist operation under the guise of a flotilla . "
- ("The participation of Hamas member Amin Abu Rashid in the flotilla, who is known for fundraising money for Hamas terror operations, is clear proof that this is not a humanitarian flotilla, but a provocation and a terror operation in disguise of a flotilla," )
- 'Nederlandse anti-Israel activist is kopstuk van Hamas' ( Memento of the original from January 11, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. June 2, 2010 Elsevier
- The Influence of the Muslim Brotherhood in the Netherlands ( Memento of the original dated February 8, 2010 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , Nefa , December 2007
- Rashed: betrokken bij alles wat Palestijns is June 2, 2010, de Volkskrant
- European campaign: The Freedom Flotilla to sail as scheduled May 19, 2010, Ikhanweb
- 'Israel freed top terrorists caught on flotilla' June 6, 2010 y-net-news.com
- Edelstein: Hamas member in flotilla shows intent to provoke June 30, 2011, The Jerusalem Post
|SURNAME||Rashed, Amin Abou|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Palestinian activist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1967|