Life and education
After attending the Max Planck Gymnasium in Ludwigshafen, Böhn studied German, philosophy and history at the University of Mannheim until 1988 . In 1991 he was honored with the award summa cum laude for Dr. phil. PhD . In 1999 he completed his habilitation in modern German literary studies and media aesthetics.
His areas of expertise are recent German and general literary studies, literary theory and media aesthetics, the history of literature from the 18th to the 20th century, and cultural anthropological, semiotic and media-comparative issues.
After several years as a research assistant at the University of Mannheim, Böhn received a scholarship from the DFG ( post- doctoral candidate program). After completing his habilitation in 1999, he was a DFG Heisenberg fellow until 2001. This was followed by a short-term lectureship at the University of Sarajevo and since March 2001 Böhn has been working as a professor in Karlsruhe.
Böhn has been married since 1999.
- Technology nostalgia and retro technology , KIT Scientific Publ., 2010
- Poetry in a historical context , Königshausen & Neumann, Würzburg, 2009
- Media history , Narr, Tübingen, 2008
- Form citation and intermediality , Röhrig Universitätsverlag, St. Ingbert, 2003, ISBN 978-3-86110-338-7
- The form quote , Erich Schmidt, Berlin, 2001
- Quotations of forms, parodies of genres, ironic use of forms , Röhrig Universitätsverlag, St. Ingbert, 1999, ISBN 978-3-86110-197-0
- The contemporary German-language sonnet , Metzler, Stuttgart, 1999
- Complete Mimesis , de Gruyter, Berlin, 1992
- Literature by and about Andreas Böhn in the catalog of the German National Library
- Entries in WorldCat
- curriculum vitae ( memento from March 16, 2005 in the Internet Archive ) on the pages of the University of Karlsruhe
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German university professor, professor of literature and media|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 10, 1963|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Ludwigshafen am Rhein|