Birck did his doctorate at the University of Cologne on the processing of sexual violence in childhood in women in psychotherapy. From 1998 to 2004 she worked at the Treatment Center for Torture Victims in Berlin. Her work focused on academic work in the field of psychotherapy with traumatized refugees , culture-specific questions, living conditions and political framework conditions for refugees in Germany; in addition, psychodiagnostics, assessment, psychotherapy. In addition, she did a psychotherapeutic training as a behavior therapist at the German Society for Behavioral Therapy in Berlin.
Birck died unexpectedly of a cerebral aneurysm at the age of 32 .
- The processing of sexual violence in childhood in women in psychotherapy. Treatment Center for Torture Victims Berlin, 2001, ISBN 3-98067-902-0
- Traumatized refugees. How credible are your statements? Asanger, Heidelberg, 2002, ISBN 3-89334-376-8
- Das Unsagbare , Springer, Berlin 2002, ISBN 3-54043-856-4 ; ed. together with Christian Pross and Johan Lansen
- Literature by and about Angelika Birck in the catalog of the German National Library
- Treatment center for victims of torture - their last place of work
- German Society for Behavioral Therapy - Training Center
- Laura is doing her doctorate - satirical-autobiographical presentation of her doctorate
- Commemorative page with list of publications
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian psychologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 16, 1971|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Dornbirn|
|DATE OF DEATH||June 7, 2004|
|Place of death||Berlin|