|Project author||Manuel Halvelik|
|Year of publication||1969|
|particularities||Constructed, fictional "original version" of Esperanto , intended to incorporate seemingly archaic sections in Esperanto texts|
|ISO 639 -1||
|ISO 639 -2||
art (other planned languages)
mis (not coded)
Arcaicam Esperantom ("Archaic Esperanto") is a planned language that was developed by Manuel Halvelik as a variant of the planned language Esperanto in order to enrich Esperanto with an archaic form that can also be used as a stylistic device.
Since this variant also has cases such as dative and genitive , for example, the structure and word order of Latin can be reproduced closer to the original text. Havelik wrote in 1969 the book ( Arcaicam Esperantom, Libro servo Sonorilo, 1969) about this language.
There are writers who write in Esperanto due to the short history of Esperanto few ways an old-fashioned style of language to use (such as through the use of today unmodern words or the use of Proto-Esperanto ), decided Havelik, a language to create, which seems like a historical forerunner of today's Esperanto.
Differences between Esperanto and Arcaicam Esperantom
- c becomes tz
- ĉ becomes ch
- f becomes ph
- ĝ becomes gh
- ĥ becomes qh
- j becomes y
- ĵ becomes j
- k becomes qu or c
- ŝ becomes sh
- ŭ becomes u or w
- v becomes w
- mi becomes mihi
- ci becomes tu
- li becomes lui
- ŝi becomes eshi
- ĝi becomes eghi
- ni becomes nos
- vi becomes wos
- ili will ilui ( masculine ) or sihi ( femininum )
- The infinitive ends in -ir , unless the last root vowel is an e or i . In this case, the infinitive ending is -ar . For example, esti (to be) becomes estir , but krii (to scream) becomes criar .
- Verbs have personal endings that make the personal pronoun a possible but not necessary addition, for example: (Mihi) estams , (tu) estas , (lui / eshi / eghi) estat , (nos) estaims , (wos) estait , (ilui / sihi) estait . Estis becomes estims , estos becomes estoms , etc.
- The command form estu has a separate plural form, for example estuy (plural) next to estu (singular).
- -o becomes om ( noun mark)
- -oj becomes oy
- -on remains -on ( accusative mark)
- -ojn becomes -oyn
- -e becomes -oe ( adverb indicator)
- -aŭ becomes -ez
- -a becomes -am ( adjective mark)
- -aj becomes -ay
- -o is in the dative to -od , such as al domo (the house) will domod (the house).
- -OJ becomes the dative -oyd , such as al domoj (the houses) will domoyd (the houses)
- -o becomes -es in the genitive , for example de domo (from the house) becomes domes (of the house)
- -OJ is in the genitive to -eys , such as de domoj (of the houses) will domeys (the houses)
- The definite article ( la ) is missing in the Arcaicam Esperantom.
- Yuliom Tzezarom