Berlin monthly magazine
The Berlin Monthly Magazine was a magazine that appeared in Berlin from 1783 to 1796 . It was published by the Enlightenmentists Johann Erich Biester and Friedrich Gedike (who resigned from the editorial office in 1791) and served primarily as the mouthpiece of the Berlin Wednesday Society , a noble-bourgeois enlightened reform movement at the time of Frederick the Great . It is considered to be Immanuel Kant's favorite magazine , mainly because of the debates about the question: “ What is Enlightenment? "
The 58 volumes of the Berlin Monthly Magazine and its follow-up pages (all together approx. 30,300 pages) were digitized in 1998 by the Bielefeld University library and made available on the Internet. They were distributed in 1999 on two CD-ROMs by Georg Olms Verlag , Hildesheim .
Berlin monthly at the Luisenstädtischer Bildungsverein
From April 1992 to June / July 2001 a magazine of the same name was published by the Luisenstädtischer Bildungsverein e. V. , which was supposed to continue the tradition of the historical model and above all reported on aspects of the history of Berlin.
Berlin monthly magazine. Edited by Gedike and Biester (from 1791 by Biester alone). Haude and Spener, Berlin 1.1783–28.1796.
- Berlin Monthly Journal (1783–1796) , edited by Friedrich Gedike and Johann Erich Biester. Selection based on a study by Peter Weber. Reclam, Leipzig 1986 (partial reproduction).
- Norbert Hinske (Ed.): What is Enlightenment? Contributions from the Berlin monthly journal. Wissenschaftliche Buchgesellschaft, Darmstadt 1973, 4th edition 1990, ISBN 3-534-04564-5 (partial reproduction).
- Berlin sheets. Edited by Beasts. Nicolai, Berlin 1797–1798.
- New Berlin monthly. Edited by Biester. Nicolai, Berlin / Stettin 1.1799–26.1811.
- Berlin monthly magazine (Luisenstadt). Edited by Board of the Luisenstädtischer Bildungsverein e. V. culture u. Verl.-Ges. d. Luisenstädt. Bildungsverein, Berlin 1.1992–10.2001.7.
- Digitization of the Bielefeld University Library
- Berlinische monthly - publication on city history. In: berlingeschichte.de. Retrieved April 24, 2019 .