Borland Quattro Pro
|Borland Quattro Pro|
|Current version||X9 / 18.104.22.1685
(May 23, 2018)
|operating system||DOS , Windows|
Borland Quattro Pro is a spreadsheet program that was developed by Borland and was mostly used as part of the WordPerfect Office suite . Corel has been selling the product since 1996 . When the product came onto the market in 1988, it was initially called Quattro (the Italian name for "four" as a logical consequence of Lotus 1-2-3 ). Borland changed the name to Quattro Pro from the 1990s release .
Borland Quattro Pro
A replacement product called "Surpass" was then purchased in Modula-2 . The main developers and programmers Bob Warfield, Dave Anderson, Weikuo Liaw, Bob Richardson and Todd Landis were hired by Borland to ultimately bring Surpass to market under a new name as Quattro Pro .
Bob Warfield's predecessor was "Farsight" from Farsight Technologies. It was one of the first calculation products to have “window windows”. It was written in Modula-2. A special feature was that the printer drivers were compiled directly during installation.
- Version 2.0 for DOS
Version 2.0, released in 1990, offered 3D graphics and a solver (Solve For) for the first time.
- 1987: Quattro 1.0
- 1989: Quattro Pro 1.0
- 1991: Quattro Pro 2.0
- 1992: Quattro Pro for Windows 1.0 - ( also in Borland Office for Windows (1993) )
- 1993: Quattro Pro for Windows 5.0 - ( also in Borland Office 2.0 for Windows )
- 1994: Quattro Pro for Windows 6.0 ( included in Novell PerfectOffice 3.0 )
- 1996: Quattro Pro 7 ( included in Corel WordPerfect Suite 7 )
- 1998: Quattro Pro 8 ( included in Corel WordPerfect Suite 8 )
- 2000: Quattro Pro 9 ( included in Corel WordPerfect Office 2000 )
- 2002: Quattro Pro 10 ( included in Corel WordPerfect Office 2002 )
- 2003: Quattro Pro 11 ( included in Corel WordPerfect Office 11 )
- 2004: Quattro Pro 12 ( included in Corel WordPerfect Office 12 )
- 2006: Quattro Pro X3 ( included in Corel WordPerfect Office X3 )
- 2008: Quattro Pro X4 ( only as English language version in Corel WordPerfect Office X4 )
- 2010: Quattro Pro X5 ( only as English language version in Corel WordPerfect Office X5 )
- 2012: Quattro Pro X6 ( only as English language version in Corel WordPerfect Office X6 )
- 2014: Quattro Pro X7 ( only as English language version in Corel WordPerfect Office X7 )