Broad head basin
|Surname||Broad head basin|
|Art||Bodies of water in the form of rainwater retention basins|
The Breitkopfbecken is a rainwater retention basin with a surrounding green area and playground in the Berlin district of Reinickendorf in the district of the same name . Before the creation of the green area, the Breitkopfbecken was called Paddenpuhl .
The Breitkopfstraße runs in a curve around the Breitkopfbecken. At the northeast exit there is access to the Residenzstraße underground station . It is a listed garden monument. In addition, the pond itself and the reed communities in the bank area are protected as biotopes . The name can be traced back to the publisher Bernhard Christoph Breitkopf .
The green area was planned in 1928 by the Reinickendorf District Office as the builder according to the design of the Berlin City Garden Director Erwin Barth , and the pool was laid out in the early 1930s. According to the design, the pool was to be surrounded by a double-rowed avenue of trees in the form of a drop, but this has not been preserved. Between 1927 and 1939 the Paddenpuhl settlement was built around the Breitkopf basin , which was planned by architects Fritz Beyer, Diekmann and Scherer. In the course of the following decades, the basin received embankments, which have meanwhile developed into biotopes, as well as landscaped planting. In addition, a green connection to Klemke and Emmentaler Strasse was created. On November 12th, 2015, a play and sports facility was completed on the eastern side of the pool with a total cost of 240.00 euros.
- East wind and northern lights. Retrieved April 24, 2020 .
- List, map, database / Landesdenkmalamt Berlin. Retrieved April 4, 2020 .
- Breitkopfbecken in Berlin. Retrieved April 4, 2020 .
- Posted by: puffin: The Paddenpuhl settlement at the Breitkopfbecken. In: Parrot Divers. February 15, 2020, accessed on April 4, 2020 (German).
- Breitkopfbecken - Reinickendorf. Pharus-Plan GmbH iG, accessed on April 4, 2020 .
- Breitkopfbecken play and sports facility (PDF). In: Berlin.de. Retrieved April 4, 2020 .
- Playground at the Breitkopfbecken: Safety through good visibility. Retrieved April 4, 2020 .
- Public tendering of services (procedure according to VOL / A) VOL-2017-03-AZ. (PDF; 499 kB) Active Center Residenzstrasse. District Office Reinickendorf of Berlin, accessed on April 5, 2020 .