City Center Bergedorf
The City-Center Bergedorf (CCB) is a shopping center opened in 1973 and expanded in 2008 and 2010 in Hamburg-Bergedorf . A 50-meter-high residential tower protrudes from the two-story CCB, which can be seen from afar and which helps shape the image of Bergedorf. The CCB consists of three buildings.
The CCB opened on November 1, 1973 and initially had a sales area of 8,500 m² compared to other shopping centers. The CCB was built directly on the Bille and the Bergedorf harbor, the Serrahn, on a peninsula. The parking garage belonging to it was on the other side of the Bille and could only be reached via a covered, glazed bridge. The escalator was initially in the middle of the shopping center, which soon turned out to be a design flaw: the flow of customers from the Sachsentor pedestrian zone in the direction of the train station only passed half of the shops, which meant a low turnover for many shops and subsequently various vacancies would have. This situation changed in 1982 when the owner, Victoria Versicherung, had the escalators built at the entrances and exits of the CCB, was able to win Peek & Cloppenburg as a tenant and the CCB manager changed. The Fundus Group from the Cologne region has owned the complex since 1988 .
In order to stop the economic downward trend that began in the mid-1990s and to increase the attractiveness of the CCB , two new buildings were built as part of extensive renovation measures in the Bergedorf city center - the train station and central bus station are being redesigned. The first new building south of the old building on the other side of Bergedorfer Straße was opened on February 29 and March 6, 2008, respectively. Compared to the old building, it is large in size with large, three-story parking spaces on the roof, but in addition to a large Kaufland supermarket, it only houses three other shops, a café and a mosque.
The second new building was erected where the former bus station and the old parking garage were, which had to make way. This new building, comprising 40 specialist shops, was opened on October 28, 2010 with an extensive festival program by the First Mayor of Hamburg and has doubled the sales area of the CCB. The entire third floor was rented by the Bergedorf District Office . Just six months after it opened, the owner sold the CCB on April 1, 2011 to Commerz Real Spezialfonds-Gesellschaft , a subsidiary of Commerzbank .
The investments in the renovation of the old building and the opening of the new building amounted to around 100 million euros. Just a few months after the opening, the sales of the CCB and the surrounding shops, especially in the Sachsentor shopping street, showed that the renovations and new buildings had noticeably revived Bergedorf.
Criticism is being leveled at the fact that these are three independent building complexes, of which the building located south of Bergedorfer Straße is not even connected to the other two buildings by closed pedestrian tunnels or bridges.
- Bergedorfer Zeitung, article Foundation of the old parking garage is being dismantled ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. dated June 30, 2009
- Bergedorfer Zeitung, article Bergedorf will not reach the goal of December 29, 2010 for two years
- Bergedorfer Zeitung, article Bagger create space for Neue Mitte from December 29, 2008
- Bergedorfer Zeitung, article Open the doors at 8 a.m. ( Memento of the original from October 18, 2010 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. from October 14, 2010
- Bergedorfer Zeitung, article Hundreds of Bergedorfer celebrate their new CCB on April 22, 2010
- Bergedorfer Zeitung, article Fundus sold by the CCB ( Memento from April 17, 2011 in the Internet Archive ) from April 13, 2011
- Bergedorfer Zeitung, Article Hamburg's Mayor opens the new CCB ( Memento from November 1, 2010 in the Internet Archive ) from October 28, 2010
- Bergedorfer Zeitung, article shopping town Bergedorf is complete from December 29, 2010
- Bergedorfer Zeitung, article The balance is mixed ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. dated February 24, 2009
- City-Center Bergedorf, website