Cordula (first name)
Cordula is a feminine given name .
The name probably goes back to Latin cordus , born late, and was later associated with Latin cor (genitive cordis ) and interpreted as "little heart". A connection with the first name Cordelia is unlikely.
- Cordula (saint) († around 304 or 451), also Kordula , a saint of the Catholic Church
- Cordula Busack (* 1986), German soccer and handball player
- Cordula von Fürstenberg († 1561), abbess of the noble women's monastery Geseke
- Cordula Stratmann (* 1963), German comedian and cabaret artist
- Cordula Tollmien (* 1951), German historian and children's book author
- Cordula Trantow (* 1942), German actress, director and general manager
- Wilfried Seibicke: Historical German first name book. Berlin 1996, p. 438
- Rosa and Volker Kohlheim: The large first name dictionary . DUDEN Mannheim 2003, p. 85
- Sara L. Uckelmann: Concerning the name Cordelia