|Province :||Khyber Pakhtunkhwa|
|Time zone :||
PST ( UTC + 5 )
In 1895, during the establishment of the North Waziristan Agency , the British colonizers established a military outpost of the Miranshah garrison in Datta Khel. Local tribes besieged the outpost in 1942 and captured it in 1948, but were driven out again by air strikes by the British.
On July 11, 2011, about five occupants were killed in a US drone attack on a vehicle. Shortly afterwards, up to 20 people were killed in a drone attack on a homestead.
- Pakistan: Al Qaeda chief killed. In: Frankfurter Rundschau. September 28, 2010.
- Hugh Beattie: Imperial frontier: tribe and state in Waziristan . Routledge, 2002, pp. 157, 210ff
- Possibly number three killed by al-Qaeda. In: ORF . September 30, 2010, accessed August 12, 2011 .
- Zia Khan: Waziristan drone attack: Taliban faction threatens scrapping peace deal . In: The Express Tribune . March 21, 2011. Retrieved March 21, 2011.
- Pakistan: Almost 50 dead in US drone attacks. In: ORF. July 12, 2011, accessed July 12, 2011 .