German Academy for Child and Adolescent Medicine
|German Academy for Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine V.
|purpose||Commitment to the health and well-being of children and young people and their medical care|
|Executive Director:||Hans-Iko Huppertz (General Secretary)|
This coordinates and processes the common concerns of the child and youth medical associations and represents them externally. The DAKJ was founded in 1988 as the umbrella organization for pediatric societies in Germany.
- German Society for Child and Adolescent Medicine eV
- Professional association of paediatricians registered association
- German Society for Social Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine eV
Other organizations have also been represented in the DAKJ since 2010:
- Action Committee Child in the Hospital Federal Association
- Professional Association of Child Nursing Germany eV
- German Society for Pediatric Surgery eV
- Association of leading paediatricians and children's surgeons in Germany
and since 2012
- the Society of Children's Hospitals and Children's Wards in Germany e. V.
The following institutions have the right to make proposals as co-opted members (without voting rights):
- The Empress Auguste Victoria Society for Preventive Pediatrics eV
- the Society for Pediatric Radiology eV
- the German Society for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy eV
- the professional association of and adolescent psychiatry, psychosomatics and psychotherapy Germany
- the children's network eV
The work of the DAKJ takes place in commissions. The following commissions are currently (2013) active:
- Ethical Committee,
- Infectious Diseases and Vaccination Commission,
- Commission for further training and structural issues,
- Youth Medicine Commission,
- Commission Child Health in Day Care Centers,
- Child Protection Commission.
The statements and recommendations of the commissions are published on the DAKJ homepage and in pediatric journals ( monthly Pediatric Medicine, Pediatrician, Pediatrician Practice). The Child Health Commission in Day Care Centers oversees an information portal for KiTa employees and parents.
Helmut Stickl Prize
Since 1992 the association has been awarding the Helmut Stickl Prize for outstanding achievements in promoting the idea of vaccination.
Children's environment gGmbH
The Kinderumwelt gGmbH - pediatric advice center for allergy and environmental issues is a subsidiary based in Osnabrück.