European Inventory of Existing Commercial Chemical Substances
EINECS ( E uropean In ventory of E xisting C ommercial Chemical S ubstances) is the existing substances ( existing substances ) of the EU .
In 1992 this list contained 100,102 substance entries. This list includes all substances that were on the market between January 1, 1971 and September 18, 1981, the date when the obligation to determine the hazard potential of chemical substances was introduced. The substances listed in the European register of chemical substances available on the market have been identified with a seven-digit number in the format 2XX-XXX-X or 3XX-XXX-X. The list starts with 200-001-8 ( formaldehyde ) and ends with 310-312-1.
The original list was published in the Official Journal of the European Union in 1990 . In 2002 it was corrected and overlooked entries were added.
For the time being, these substances were excluded from a hazard assessment in terms of new substances. In this way it was achieved that the substances already present did not all have to be registered in one fell swoop according to the provisions of the REACH regulation .
This registration process for new substances (new substances ) contains extensive tests on the hazard potential , including the classification with the appropriate hazard pictograms and H and P phrases .
The EINECS number denotes substances both in their anhydrous form and in their hydrate form, while there are often different CAS numbers for this. Polymers did not have to be reported in the EINECS. They are considered listed when the monomers they are made of are listed in EINECS. Following a change in regulations that made various substances previously regarded as polymers notifiable, a third list for No Longer Polymers (NLP) was set up.
- Jump up ↑ F. Geiss, G. Del Bino, G. Blech, O. Nørager, E. Orthmann, G. Mosselmans, J. Powell, R. Roy, T. Smyrniotis, WG Town: The EINECS inventory of existing chemical substances on the EC market. In: Toxicological & Environmental Chemistry . 37, 1992, pp. 21-33, doi : 10.1080 / 02772249209357850 .
- ↑ ECHA : EC directory , accessed on July 20, 2016.
- ↑ ECHA: Technical notes - Substance phase-in / non phase-in status and NONS allocation , accessed on August 12, 2016.
- ^ Substances in Preparations in Nordic Countries - On-line help - Main Info , accessed on October 20, 2016.
- ↑ a b Correction of the communication from the Commission in accordance with Article 13 of Council Directive 67/548 / EEC of June 27, 1967 on the harmonization of legal and administrative provisions for the classification, packaging and labeling of dangerous substances, as amended by Directive 79/831 / EWG - EINECS (European register of chemical substances on the market) (PDF, 143 kB; English), accessed on October 26, 2019.
- ↑ Communication from the Commission pursuant to Article 13 of Council Directive 67/548 / EEC of June 27, 1967 on the harmonization of legal and administrative provisions for the classification, packaging and labeling of dangerous substances, in the version of Directive 79/831 / EEC - EINECS (European register of chemical substances on the market)