Françoise Bettencourt-Meyers (born July 10, 1953 in Neuilly-sur-Seine ) is a French industrialist heiress and author of biblical commentaries and works on Jewish - Christian relationships. She is the richest woman in France and one of the richest women in the world.
The only daughter and heir of the industrialist Liliane Bettencourt was brought up in a strictly Catholic upper-class household. In 1984 she married the grandson of the rabbi of the Neuilly-sur-Seine synagogue, Jean-Pierre Meyers, who was murdered in Auschwitz . After getting married, she decided to convert to Judaism and raise their children, Jean-Victor (* 1986) and Nicolas (* 1988), in the Jewish religion.
The Meyers family lives in seclusion in Neuilly-sur-Seine .
In December 2008 it became known that between 2001 and 2007, her mother Liliane Bettencourt gave away almost a billion euros in the form of paintings, real estate, checks and life insurance to the French photographer François-Marie Banier . She had originally made Banier inheritance. As it became known in September 2010, it has now revoked its heir status. On December 1, 2009, Francoise Meyers applied to the court to place the mother under guardianship.
Since the death of her mother Liliane Bettencourt in September 2017, she has been the richest woman in France and, with 64.5 billion US dollars (as of August 2020), is one of the richest women in the world. She is married and has two kids.
- ↑ Stefan Ulrich: Because we are worth it. A deal should end the feud in the L'Oréal clan Bettencourt. In: Süddeutsche Zeitung of December 8, 2010
- ↑ Because it is worth it to her. Spiegel Online, December 15, 2008.
- ↑ Raid the billionaire. In: Süddeutsche Zeitung of September 2, 2010.
- ^ Pascale Robert-Diard: La fille de Mme Bettencourt demande le placement sous tutelle de sa mère. In: Le Monde. December 6, 2009, p. 13.
- ↑ # 15 Francoise Bettencourt Meyers & family In: Forbes, accessed on August 11, 2020.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||French industrialist heiress and author|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 10, 1953|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Neuilly-sur-Seine|