François-Marie Banier (born June 27, 1947 in Paris ) is a French writer , photographer and film actor .
François-Marie Banier was born in Paris in 1947. His father was a banker from Hungary, and his mother was from Italy. He grew up in the 16th arrondissement (Paris) . At the age of 17 he dropped out of high school at the Lycée Janson de Sailly without a high school diploma and at the age of 20 he moved out of his parents' house. In his autobiographical novel Balthazar, Son from a Good Family , which was published in 1985, Banier describes his difficult childhood.
In 1969 he published Les Résidences secondaires , a short novel about male friendship. The work received praise and made him known in the French literary and celebrity scene. Contributing to this was that he had enjoyed the friendship of the painter Salvador Dali since 1964 , was media spokesman for the fashion designer Pierre Cardin from 1967 and the writer Louis Aragon raved about him. In 1971 Le Passé composé followed , a novel about adolescent siblings.
Numerous celebrities were photographed by the jet setter Banier. These included Isabelle Adjani , Samuel Beckett , Johnny Depp , Vladimir Horowitz , Silvana Mangano , Joyce Carol Oates , Caroline von Monaco , Sophie Marceau , Natalia Vodianova . He was able to publish several photo books. A career highlight for him as a photographer was an exhibition of his works at the Center Pompidou in Paris, supported by French President François Mitterrand in 1991 .
In 1969, Banier first met Liliane Bettencourt , 25 years her senior , who was the main shareholder in the French cosmetics group L'Oréal . In 1987 he made a series of photos of her for the photo journal Égoïste , after which their relationship intensified. In December 2008 it was announced that she had given him just under a billion euros in the form of paintings, real estate, checks and life insurance between 2001 and 2007. Bettencourt had originally appointed him to inherit, but she reversed this in September 2010.
In May 2015, a Bordeaux court sentenced Banier to two and a half years in prison for "exploiting weakness". In addition, a fine of 350,000 euros was imposed.
- Les Résidences secondaires .Grasset, 1969.
- Le passé composé . Grasset, 1971.
- La Tete la première . Grasset, 1972.
Balthazar, fils de famille . Gallimard, 1985.
- Balthazar, son from a good family . From the Franz. By Tobias Scheffel and Claudia Steinitz, 2009, ISBN 978-3-86521-968-8 .
- Sur un air de fête . Gallimard, 1990.
- Les Femmes du Metro Pompe . Gallimard, 2006.
- Johnny Dasolo . Gallimard, 2008
- Past-Present , Munich, 1996 ISBN 3-88814-853-7 .
- Perdre la tête , 2006, ISBN 3-86521-234-4 .
- Vive la Vie . Steidl, Göttingen, 2008, ISBN 978-3-86521-821-6 .
- Beckett . Steidl, Göttingen 2009. ISBN 978-3-86521-983-1 . - Contains two photo series: Tangier 1978 and Paris 1989.
- Personal website
- Literature by and about François-Marie Banier in the catalog of the German National Library
- François-Marie Banier in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- ↑ a b Isabelle Imhof: artist, bon vivant and woman's favorite. Who is François-Marie Banier? NZZ, July 23, 2010, accessed on September 30, 2013 .
- ↑ Ingeborg Harms: A son from a good family. FAZ, July 18, 2010, accessed December 10, 2013 .
- ↑ Squeezed lemon. DER SPIEGEL, August 2, 1971, accessed September 30, 2013 .
- ^ Christophe Barbier: François-Marie Banier: "La générosité de Liliane Bettencourt est voulue, décidée, calculée". lexpress.fr, July 13, 2010, accessed October 2, 2013 .
- ↑ Billion dollar gift from the L'Oreal heiress: Because it's worth it to her. SpiegelOnline, December 15, 2008, accessed October 2, 2013 .
- ↑ Stefan Ulrich: Raid on the billionaire. Süddeutsche Zeitung, September 2, 2010, accessed on October 2, 2013 .
- ↑ a b The old lady and her legacy sneaks. Süddeutsche Zeitung, May 28, 2015, accessed on February 28, 2016 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||French writer and photographer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 27, 1947|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Paris|