From 1979 to 1984 Peez studied painting and graphics at the State University of Fine Arts, Frankfurt am Main, Städelschule (among others with Thomas Bayrle and Hermann Nitsch ). From 1983 to 1987 he studied art education at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main, where he received his doctorate in 1992 and habilitated in art education in 2000. Peez lectured at the University of Duisburg-Essen (2004 to 2010), at the University of Erfurt (2003–2004) and at the Bern University of the Arts (2009 and 2011).
Peez is primarily concerned with empirical teaching research in the field of the use of digital media in art lessons and is dedicated to the methods of empirical investigation of aesthetic experience and educational processes. He is also dedicated to the exploration of creativity and image science issues.
Since 2010 he has held a professorship for art education at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main .
- as an author
- “I want to learn to paint fog”. Theory elements of open-ended learning in adult education in art education. Dipa-Verlag, Frankfurt am Main 1994, ISBN 3-7638-0330-0 .
- Course leader in cultural education (with V. Glock, H.-H. Groppe, S. Kocot, H. Negenborn, R. Stang). German Institute for Adult Education, Frankfurt a. M. 1998, ISBN 3-933222-03-6 .
- Qualitative empirical research in art education. Methodological analyzes and practical concepts for case studies on aesthetic processes, biographical aspects and social interaction in different areas of art education. BDK-Verlag, Hannover 2000, ISBN 3-8311-3207-0
- Cultural education. A guide for course leaders and lecturers (with R. Stang et al.). W. Bertelsmann Verlag, Bielefeld 2003, ISBN 3-7639-1861-2 .
- Introduction to art education. Kohlhammer, Stuttgart 3rd edition 2008, ISBN 978-3-17-020422-5 .
- Evaluation of aesthetic experience and educational processes. Examples of their empirical research. Kopaed, Munich 2005, ISBN 3-938028-03-3 .
- Photographs in educational case studies. Seven qualitative-empirical analysis methods for aesthetic education. Theory and Research Practice. Kopaed, Munich 2006, ISBN 3-938028-71-8 .
- Successfully promoting creativity in primary school. Worksheets, exercises, teaching units and empirical research results. (with Constanze Kirchner ) Westermann, Braunschweig 2009, ISBN 978-3-14-162114-3 .
- as editor
- Chances and limits of the new media in art class (with J. Kirschenmann). BDK-Verlag, Hannover 1998, ISBN 3-927268-17-8 .
- Workshop: art. Suggestions for aesthetic experience and learning processes in workshop lessons (with C. Kirchner). BDK-Verlag, Hannover 2001, 2nd edition Books on Demand, Norderstedt 2005, ISBN 3-8334-3601-8 .
- Computer in art class. Tools and media (with J. Kirschenmann). Auer Verlag, Donauwörth 2004, ISBN 3-403-04177-8 .
- Handbook case research in aesthetic education, art education. Qualitative empirical research for studies, internships, legal clerkship and teaching. Schneider, Baltmannsweiler 2007, ISBN 3-8340-0244-5 .
- Judging and evaluating in art class. Models and teaching examples for performance measurement and self-assessment. Kallmeyer, Seelze-Velber 2008, ISBN 3-7800-4918-X .
- Art education and biography. 52 art teachers talk about their lives. Professional research using autobiographical-narrative interviews. Kopaed, Munich 2009, ISBN 978-3-86736-068-5 .
- Combining art in elementary school. Lesson examples and methods. Schneider, Baltmannsweiler 2011, ISBN 978-3-8340-0837-4 .
- Art lessons - interdisciplinary and interdisciplinary. Approaches, examples and methods for grades 5 to 13. Kopaed, Munich 2011, ISBN 978-3-86736-129-3 .
- Website by Georg Peez
- Literature by and about Georg Peez in the catalog of the German National Library
- Digital media and art lessons in BDK-Mitteilungen 34 (1998), 2, 50 p.
- Evaluation of aesthetic experience and educational processes. Examples of their empirical research, Munich (kopaed) 2005 BDK-Mitteilungen , p. 46
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German art educator and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1960|