Collective employment contract
A collective employment contract ( GAV ) in Switzerland provides the contractual basis for every employment contract for a specific profession or for all employment relationships in a specific industry . Working hours , vacations , notice periods and minimum wages are usually specified in the collective employment contract . The collective labor agreement is negotiated between the trade unions and employers' associations . There are both nationwide and cantonal collective labor agreements.
There are various collective agreements:
- The collective employment contract is only binding for companies that are members of the respective employers' association .
- The collective employment contract is only binding on the company that concluded the contract.
- The cantonal government can declare the collective employment contract to be generally binding. This is then binding for all employers in the canton.
- The Federal Council can declare the collective employment contract to be generally binding. This is then binding for all employers.
The labor laws were in Liechtenstein largely from Switzerland rezipiert . The provisions of the collective employment contract are also applied in Liechtenstein in a similar way to that in Switzerland. The Liechtenstein Government has, however, unlike Switzerland no approval or decision rights.
The collective employment contract was incorporated into the Swiss Code of Obligations in 1911 . Collective employment contracts can be made generally binding since 1941.
- Collective agreement for a contract in Germany similar to the Swiss collective labor agreement
- Collective agreement for a contract in Austria similar to the Swiss collective labor agreement
- Bernard Degen : Collective employment agreement. In: Historical Lexicon of Switzerland .
- Collective employment agreements declared to be generally binding
- Collective employment contracts database Realisor AG
- Collective employment agreements Database of all GAVs and NAVs that are generally binding, as well as the GAVs of the Unia union
- Collective employment agreements of the Syna union
- ^ Bernard Degen : Formulate social policy on a private level. On the history of the collective labor agreement in Switzerland in: NZZ, November 26, 2011