(100% subsidiary of the Georg von Holtzbrinck publishing group )
|user||approx. 1.85 million (as of May 2019)|
gutefrage.net ( proper spelling : gutefrage ) is a German Internet forum without subject specialization .
The website is funded through advertising and the resale of user-generated questions and answers, and no costs are incurred by users themselves. The user-generated content is freely available to the platform operator and cannot be easily changed or deleted by the authors.
gutefrage.net went online in 2006 as the first Holtzbrinck eLAB to be founded. It is the most popular offer from the Gutefrage Group, which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Georg von Holtzbrinck publishing group . Since its inception, the website has developed into one of the largest forums in Germany in terms of content growth and page impressions. According to the company, the company managed to the end of fiscal 2009, the break-even point and has since worked profitable.
On the occasion of gutefrage.net's tenth birthday, gutefrage.net GmbH renewed the logo on December 7, 2016. It shows two speech bubbles , of which the smaller left speech bubble should represent a question and the larger right speech bubble an answer. With the change, the addition “.net” in the logo was deleted.
Since June 2020 there has been a cooperation between gutefrage.net and Amazon, through which the voice assistant Alexa can access over 90,000 selected answers from gutefrage.net and display it to its users as the answer to their questions.
The Internet forum is used by questioners to get answers to their questions from other users.
The content of the page consists largely of user-generated content . User contributions are rewarded through an internal gamification system based on ratings from other users. Users who are particularly committed to a particular topic are identified as "experts" after an individual review by gutefrage.net employees.
In addition to asking and answering questions, users can communicate via private messages. Askers have the option to mark the most helpful answer among the answers to their question, which is then highlighted.
gutefrage.net operates other topic-oriented platforms: motorradfrage.net, sportlerfrage.net, finanzfrage.net, reisefrage.net, Gesundheitsfrage.net, computerfrage.net, autofrage.net and katzenfrage.net. These follow the same concept as gutefrage.net, but focus the exchange of views on their respective topic.
With a few exceptions, there is no content moderation . The processing of the posts reported by users takes place mainly by volunteer moderators selected by employees, who can delete, hide or change the reported posts and block users.
In the topic special, external associations or organizations answer questions on current topics.
Change of look
When changing views, questions can be asked directly to a selected member of the gutefrage community. Every Blickwechsel action has a thematic focus, to which the community member appears as personally affected. The direct exchange should provide insights into other ways of life and create understanding for other perspectives.
Every year offline user meetings take place in different cities, which are organized by gutefrage and partly also by users. Previous meetings have taken a. in Berlin (2016), Munich (2017), Leipzig (2018) and Cologne (2019).
Dates and numbers
According to its own information, the platform had around 1.85 million active members, 21 million questions and 80 million answers in May 2019. The monthly net reach was around 17.41 million unique users in January 2019 , which put gutefrage.net in 10th place in the reach ranking of the Online Research Working Group (AGOF).
In the Alexa Rank in July 2020 gutefrage was ranked 222nd of the most visited websites in Germany and 4917th of the most visited websites in the world. This shows a steady decline in the number of visitors, gutefrage.net was in November 2018 in 63rd place, in November 2017 in 55th place and in December 2016 in 28th place.
- About us. In: gutefrage.net. Archived from the original on May 19, 2019 ; Retrieved on May 20, 2019 (original not persistent; information in the article is based on an archived version).
- Volker Briegleb: Holtzbrinck founds advice startup "gutefrage.net". In: heise.de. January 17, 2007, accessed August 8, 2017 .
- Who we are. In: gutefrage-gruppe.net. Archived from the original on May 18, 2015 ; accessed on August 8, 2017 .
- Alexander Becker: Holtzbrinck's Gutefrage reports break-even. In: meedia.de . February 9, 2010, accessed June 16, 2020 .
- Paul Stelzer: gutefrage.net now also available as an app for Android and iOS. In: touchportal.de. December 13, 2014, accessed July 18, 2017 .
- Why did gutefrage.net change the logo? In: gutefrage.net. December 7, 2016, accessed December 7, 2016 .
- Germany asks Alexa - our community answers. In: gutefrage.net. Retrieved July 1, 2020 .
- Alexa is now even smarter. In: oe24.at. June 3, 2020, accessed July 1, 2020 .
- Imprint. In: gutefrage.net. Retrieved March 8, 2020 .
- Cat question - Your new cat forum is here. Questions and answers about katzenfrage.net . In: gutefrage.net. Retrieved March 22, 2020 .
- Andreas Weck: Community Management at gutefrage.net: "We have around five cases a day that deal with suicide". Interview with community manager Sven Winter. In: t3n.de. Yeebase Media, April 1, 2017, accessed on September 14, 2017 : “I only actively comment on questions in special cases. If, for example, users are considering committing a suicide, [...] we community managers basically leave the answer to the question to our community. "
- User meeting. In: gutefrage.net. Retrieved July 1, 2020 .
- Study archive AGOF daily digital facts 01/2019
- gutefrage.net Traffic Statistics. In: alexa.com. Alexa Internet Inc., July 8, 2020, archived from the original on July 8, 2020 ; accessed on July 8, 2020 (English).
- gutefrage.net Traffic Statistics. In: alexa.com. Alexa Internet Inc., November 10, 2018, archived from the original on November 10, 2018 ; accessed on November 19, 2018 (English).
- gutefrage.net Traffic Statistics. In: alexa.com. Alexa Internet Inc., November 30, 2017, archived from the original on November 30, 2017 ; accessed on December 11, 2017 .
- gutefrage.net Traffic Statistics. In: alexa.com. Alexa Internet Inc., December 3, 2016, archived from the original on December 3, 2016 ; accessed on December 21, 2017 (English).
- Panda update - Google's quality offensive reaches Germany. In: spiegel.de. August 15, 2011, accessed July 7, 2020 .
- Marcus Tober: Google Panda Update in Germany - winners and losers. In: blog.searchmetrics.com. August 13, 2011, accessed July 7, 2020 .
- Johannes Beus: Google Panda reaches Germany. In: sistrix.com. August 12, 2011, accessed July 7, 2020 .