Hakeem Toyin Balogun
Balogun worked from 1982 to 1988 in the government of the Nigerian state Kano in the department for political research. He has been working for the Foreign Ministry since 1988, where he worked for various departments and in various representations abroad. Among other things, Balogun was at the Nigerian Embassy in Italy from 2000 to 2003 as head of the embassy office and chief of protocol for First Lady Stella Obasanjo from 2004 to 2005.
At the Nigerian Embassy in Washington, DC , Balogun was Minister, Director and Deputy Head of Mission and, from August 27, 2015, Charge d'Affaires ad interim.
In 2018 he became Nigerian Ambassador to Jakarta, Indonesia . On January 29, 2018, Balogun also presented its accreditation to Lim Jock Hoi , Secretary General of ASEAN and on February 22, to Francisco Guterres , President of East Timor .
- Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs: Report on the Screening of 47 Career Ambasadorial Nominees , p. 10, November 9, 2016 , accessed April 17, 2019.
- CIA Factbook: Nigeria Government 2016 , accessed April 17, 2019.
- Official Congressional Directory 115th Congress, 2017–2018, Convened January 2017 , limited preview in Google Book Search.
- Office of the Auditor-General for the federation: The Auditor-General for the Federation in a hand shake with HE Hakeem Toyin Balogun Nigerian Ambassador in the Republic of Indonesia during a courtesy visit to the latter while in Republic of Indonesia to attend the 18th INTOSAI WGEA Meeting held at Trans Luxury Hotel, Bandung City of Indonesia from July 16-20, 2018 , accessed April 17, 2019.
- ASEAN: Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to ASEAN presents credentials , January 29, 2018 , accessed April 17, 2019.
- President of East Timor: PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC RECEIVES CREDENTIAL LETTERS FROM FOUR NEW AMBASSADORS , February 22, 2018 , accessed February 25, 2018.
|SURNAME||Balogun, Hakeem Toyin|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Nigerian diplomat|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1966 (uncertain)|