From 1968 to 1972 Schlichting completed a double degree in physics and philosophy at the University of Hamburg . Carl Friedrich von Weizsäcker was one of his university teachers . After receiving his diploma in 1972, he completed a doctorate in 1972–74 . His dissertation in theoretical physics at the Department of Physics at Hamburg University examined the subject of spin wave theory of disordered two-dimensional Heisenberg antiferromagnets . From 1976 he held a position as senior academic counselor at the University of Osnabrück. After completing his habilitation in physics didactics in 1983 , he was given a professorship at the same university, which he only gave up in 1991 in favor of a C4 professorship at the University of Essen . After eight years he moved to an equivalent position as director of the Institute for Didactics of Physics at the University of Münster . There he was released from teaching and committee duties in 2011 as emeritus, but remained associated with the university as a researcher.
In addition to university, he has been active in the Fachverband Didaktik der Physik of the German Physical Society (DPG) since 1994 , including 1994 to 2000 as its head. From 1993 to 2006 he acted as spokesman for the working group of lecturers in physics education in North Rhine-Westphalia . Internationally, he was an Official Member of the International Commission of Physics Education (ICPE) from 2002 to 2008.
Since 1993 Schlichting wrote the columns Spielwiese (together with Christian Ucke) and Im Blickwinkel in the specialist journal Physik in der Zeit . From 2009 he took over the column Schlichting! (Physics in Everyday Life) in the journal Spectrum of Science .
- When the pool starts to swim: everyday physical phenomena , Primus-Verlag, Darmstadt 2012, ISBN 978-3-86312-017-7
- Games, physics and fun , (together with Christian Ucke), Wiley-VCH Verlag, Weinheim 2011, 152 pp. ISBN 978-3-527-40950-1
- Energy and energy devaluation in science and the environment , Quelle and Meyer, Heidelberg 1983
- Physics lessons: 5 - 10 (together with Udo Backhaus), Urban and Schwarzenberg, Munich; Vienna; Baltimore 1981
- Spin wave theory of disordered two-dimensional Heisenberg antiferromagnets , dissertation at the Department of Physics at the University of Hamburg in 1974
- Laws of Nature in the Coffee Cup, Spectrum of Science (Special Physik.Mathematik.Technik 3/14), September 2014
- 2008: Robert Wichard Pohl Prize for outstanding contributions to physics, for exceptional achievements in the dissemination of scientific knowledge, in teaching, in teaching and in the didactics of physics awarded by the German Physical Society (DPG)
- 2013: Archimedes Prize for Physics from the German Association for the Promotion of Mathematics and Science Education (MNU)
- H. Joachim Schlichting's website
- Interview portrait of Schlichting at Spektrum der Wissenschaft , September 3, 2014 by Kirsten Baumbusch
- Physics in everyday life: Puzzle photo of the month , example of Schlichting's didactic approach
- Physics textbooks by Schlichting
- Prof. Dr. Hans Joachim Schlichting, emeritus. uni-muenster.de, accessed on February 19, 2018 .
- Article by H. Joachim Schlichting in Spectrum of Science , accessed on July 11, 2019
- With paper clips and maple seeds Ch. Ucke and HJ Schlichting: "Games, Physics and Fun", Wiley-VCH Verlag , review by Dirk Lorenzen in Deutschlandradio Kultur on November 27, 2011, accessed September 7, 2014
- Robert Wichard Pohl Prize for outstanding interdisciplinary research to Prof. Dr. Hans-Joachim Schlichting
- Prizes, awards, honors . In: Physik-Journal . tape 12 , no. 6 , June 2013, p. 44 ( pro-physik.de [accessed February 19, 2018]).
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Schlichting, H. Joachim|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German physicist and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 25, 1946|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Pewsum|