A wood construction screw is a wood screw that is used to firmly connect two or more components in wood construction . There is no uniform definition with regard to geometric design, strength parameters and specific areas of application. The term wood construction screw only represents the intended use intended by the manufacturer.
In order to show the variety of screws that the manufacturers sell as wood construction screws, some screws with building authority approval are shown below. More can be found, for example, on the Fraunhofer IRB website.
Building authority approval Z-9.1-427
A wood construction screw according to the building inspectorate approval Z-9.1-427 of the Bierbach company is manufactured with and without a plate head, has a self-tapping thread and should enable the craftsman to screw in the screws more easily without great effort. A helix above the self-tapping thread is intended to reduce the screw resistance . Milling ribs on the underside of the screw head, which is thicker than standard screws, are intended to make it easier to screw in the wood construction screw flush. According to the manufacturer, countersinking and pre-drilling are not necessary for this screw.
Building authority approval Z-9.1-435
A wood construction screw according to the building authority approval Z-9.1-435 from Schmid Schrauben has a length embossing on the screw head and alternatively under-head milling ribs, as well as sharp thread flanks. A sliding coating should serve to reduce the screwing resistance. Like every wood screw, this one also has a self-drilling thread. In addition to wood connections, the screw is also suitable and approved for on-roof insulation, according to the manufacturer (building authority approval Z-9.1-509).
Building authority approval Z-9.1-484
The European patented wood construction screw according to the building authority approval Z-9.1-484 is a screw from the company SPM. In addition to a coating of the screw for a constant torque , the steel is not completely hardened according to the manufacturer , which should prevent the screw from tearing off. The self-tapping thread, in connection with a star drive, should enable faster work and thus lead to time savings. The area of application of this screw is specified by the manufacturer in addition to timber construction for horticulture and insulation technology .
- Building information (operated by Fraunhofer IRB)
- Extract from the building authority approval Z-9.1-427 (PDF; 95 kB)
- Product catalog ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (PDF; 10.9 MB) from the manufacturer
- Extract from the building inspectorate approval Z-9.1-435 (PDF; 120 kB)
- Homepage of the manufacturer ( Memento of the original from March 25, 2008 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Homepage of the manufacturer ( Memento of the original dated September 11, 2005 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.