Intrinsic ( Latin intrinsecus "inward" or "inward") originally means "inwardly" or "turned inwardly", in a later reinterpretation also "coming from within". Intrinsic properties belong to the object itself and make it what it is. The opposite term is extrinsic .
- Intrinsic actions (also called autotelic ) serve no external purpose. See also intrinsic motivation .
- Intrinsic asthma is not caused by allergens .
- Intrinsic perception is caused in the sense organ itself; about vitreous opacities (floaters, floaters ) caused by protein deposits in the vitreous of the eye.
- Intrinsic camera parameters describe internal properties of the camera such as distortion , vignetting and chromatic aberration .
- Intrinsic descriptions of geometric objects in differential geometry are those that can be defined without recourse to an embedding space.
- Intrinsic activity (pharmacodynamics)
- Intrinsic valuation method (economics)
- Intrinsic function (programming)
- Intrinsic charge carrier concentration (physics)
- Intrinsic conductivity (physics)