Josef Joachim Menzel
Josef Joachim Menzel (born June 19, 1933 in Mühlsdorf , Upper Silesia Province ) is a German historian .
After the state examination in 1959, his doctorate in 1962 and his habilitation in 1970, he became professor at the University of Mainz in 1972 . He is particularly concerned with the history of Silesia .
- Jura ducalia. The medieval foundations of the Dominial Constitution in Silesia . Wuerzburg 1964, OCLC 1072396189 .
- The Silesian location documents of the 13th century. Studies on documents, the settlement, legal and economic history of an East German landscape in the Middle Ages . Wuerzburg 1977, OCLC 4373262 .
- with Wolfgang Stribrny and Eberhard Völker: Alternative recommendations for dealing with German-Polish history in school books . Mainz 1979, ISBN 3-7758-0973-2 .
- as ed. with Lothar Bossle, Gundolf Keil and Eberhard Günter Schulz: Silesia as an object of interdisciplinary research. Sigmaringen 1986 (= Silesian Research. Volume 1).
- The departure of Europe eastwards in the Middle Ages. Farewell lecture held on July 7, 1998 in the Philosophicum of the Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz . Mainz 1998, ISBN 3-00-004012-9 .
- as editor Winfried Irgang: Opuscula Silesiaca. Festschrift for Josef Joachim Menzel for his 65th birthday . Stuttgart 1998, ISBN 3-7995-6238-9 .
|SURNAME||Menzel, Josef Joachim|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 19, 1933|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Mühlsdorf , Upper Silesia Province|