A jury [ˈʒyːri] or jury is a body whose task it is to find the most worthy of the applicants for a prize or distinction. The members of the panel are called jurors or judges . The composition of the panel depends on the type of competition and is determined by the organization awarding the prize or award. In the case of traditional juries, these are mostly state institutions, associations, academies, foundations, publishers or clubs. It is usually awarded annually and is associated with a sum of money, a medal or a grant . Prizes are also available in the form of sponsorship awards . In addition to achievements from the past year, the award also honors achievements made in the past and the life's work of the laureate. Public contracts, especially in the case of building projects, are often advertised in the form of a competition, in which a jury decides who will be awarded the contract.
A distinction is made between price courts
- according to the subject in which they are active (art, music, literature, film and television, science, civic or political engagement),
- according to the type of composition
- according to the procedure in which the award winners are determined
- according to the group of recipients of the award (international, national, regional awards)
- according to the amount of the prize money or the value of the contribution in kind and
- upon the reputation of the award.
There are legal regulations for competitions in connection with public tenders, namely the "Principles and guidelines for competitions in the areas of spatial planning, urban planning and construction (GRW 95)" and the "Directive of the European Parliament and of the Council on coordination the procedures for awarding public works contracts, supply contracts and service contracts ”.
- Brochure-New Version-GRW ( Memento of the original from October 6, 2007 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- europarl.europa.eu (PDF; 393 kB)