Karat was founded in 1994. In 2011 it ceased operations.
Karat only offered scheduled flights within Russia and other former states of the Soviet Union . An important branch office of the company with its own flight routes departing from there was located in Rostov-on-Don .
As of September 2010, the Karat fleet consisted of 13 aircraft:
- 6 Antonov An-24RV
- 4 Yakovlev Yak-42
- 1 Jakowlew Jak-40 (last parked)
- 1 Tupolev Tu-134A (last parked)
- 1 Tupolev Tu-154B (last parked)
- Official website of Karat (Russian)
- ch-aviation.ch - Flotte der Karat ( Memento of the original from November 13, 2011 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (English) accessed on November 2, 2011.
- aerotransport.org: Carat Fleet September 4, 2010.