Lew Kopelew Prize
The undoped Lew Kopelew Prize for Peace and Human Rights is named after the Russian writer Lew Kopelew (1912–1997) and has been awarded at irregular intervals since 2001 by the Lew Kopelew Forum in Cologne . It is intended to honor “people, projects or organizations” “who are active in the spirit of Lew Kopelew”.
Lev Kopelev Forum
Fritz Pleitgen , who met Kopelew as a correspondent for WDR in Moscow , was the founding chairman of the Lew Kopelew Forum. In April 2017, the television journalist Thomas Roth took over the chairmanship, Pleitgen became honorary chairman like the late Marion Countess Dönhoff .
The association maintains an office in Cologne that offers a program of German-Eastern European cultural encounters in the Kreissparkasse building complex .
- 2001: HALO Trust (Hazardous Areas Life Support Organization), which clears landmines
- 2002: Russian human rights organization Memorial
- 2003: Uri Avnery and Sari Nusseibeh
- 2004: Polish Foundation Borussia
- 2005: Sainap Gaschajewa (* 1953; Chechen human rights activist)
- 2006: Hans Küng
- 2009: Siegfried Lenz
- 2010: Editing of the Novaya Gazeta newspaper
- 2012: Berthold Beitz
- 2013: Ammar Zakaria and Abdul Kader (Syrian doctors, Zakaria operated on the injured Jörg Armbruster , among others ) and Suaad Tayeb (Syrian peace activist)
- 2015: Ruslana Lyschytschko (Ukrainian musician and Maidan activist), Yevgeny Sakharov (Ukrainian human rights activist and publicist), Andrej Makarewitsch (Russian musician) and Eduard Uspenskij (Russian children's book author)
- 2016: Vladimir Voinovich , Russian writer
- 2017: Lev Dmitrijewitsch Gudkow (Russian sociologist and head of the opinion research institute Levada Center) and Can Dündar (Turkish journalist)
- 2019: Dresden Sea Rescue Initiative Mission Lifeline and the " Lifeline " captain Claus-Peter Reisch
- HALO Trust in the English language Wikipedia
- The mine clearers from Donbass , Tagesspiegel, November 21, 2018
- Siegfried Lenz receives Cologne Lew Kopelew Prize . ddp Deutscher Depeschendienst , March 27, 2009, accessed March 28, 2009
- Martin Durm: Peace Prize for Syrian Doctors. Courage in times of war. ( Memento from November 26, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) tagesschau.de, November 22, 2013
- Cornelia Wegerhoff: Kopelew Prize goes to three Syrians. ( Memento from November 27, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) tagesschau.de, November 24, 2013
- phoenix program information: Lew Kopelew Prize 2015 - Sunday, April 19, 2015, 1 p.m. presseportal.de, April 17, 2015
- Dresden Sea Rescue Mission Lifeline receives Peace Prize. Retrieved February 15, 2019 .
- Süddeutsche de GmbH, Munich Germany: Lew Kopelew Prize for. Süddeutsche Zeitung , February 14, 2019, accessed on August 13, 2020 .