Margarita de Borbon
Doña Margarita de Borbón y Borbón-Dos Sicilias , full name Margarita María de la Victoria Esperanza Jacoba Felicidad Perpetua de Todos los Santos de Borbón y Borbón-Dos Sicilias (born March 6, 1939 in Rome , Italy ) is a member of the Bourbon family ; as well as the youngest sister of the former Spanish king Juan Carlos I.
Margarita is the youngest daughter of the Infante Juan de Borbón y Battenberg (1913-1993), Count of Barcelona , and his wife Princess María de las Mercedes de Borbón y Orléans (1910-2000), the daughter of Prince Carlos Maria of Bourbon-Sicily and his wife, Princess Louise Françoise d'Orléans. Her paternal grandparents were King Alfonso XIII. of Spain and Princess Victoria Eugenie von Battenberg . Doña Margarita has been blind since she was born.
On October 12, 1972, Doña Margarita married Don Carlos Zurita y Delgado (* October 9, 1943) in Estoril , and the marriage had two children:
- Alfonso Juan Carlos (born August 9, 1973 in Madrid )
- Maria Sofia (born September 16, 1975 in Madrid)
Titles, medals and honorary positions
- 1939 −.... Infanta of Spain
- 1972 −.... Señora Dona de Borbón y Zurita
- 1979 - Duchess of Hernani
- 1981 −.... Duchess of Soria
- Honorary President of the Madrid Delegation for UNICEF
- Honorary President of the Spanish Heart Foundation
- since 1989 founder of the Fundación Cultural Duques de Soria
- Jiří Louda, Michael MacLagan: Lines of Succession. Heraldry of the Royal Families of Europe . Macmillan, New York 1991, ISBN 0-02-897255-4 .
- Arnold McNaughton: The Book of Kings. A Royal Genealogy . Garnstone Press, London 1973, ISBN 0-900391-19-7 .
|SURNAME||Margarita de Borbon|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Margarita María de Borbon; Margarita María de la Victoria Esperanza Jacoba Felicidad Perpetua de Todos los Santos de Borbón y Borbón-Sicily|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Spanish nobles, member of the House of Bourbon; as well as the youngest sister of the former Spanish King Juan Carlos I.|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 6, 1939|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Rome|