Maria P. Walther
Walther received his PhD in elementary education from Northern Illinois University and taught primary classes from 1986 . She earned the National Board Certification on improving literacy teaching. She was named Reading Educator of the Year in Illinois and received the ICARE Reading Award for “Children's Love for Reading”.
- With Carol J. Fuhler: Literature is back: using the best books for teaching readers and writers across genres. 2007.
- Teaching struggling readers with poetry: engaging poems with mini-lessons that target and teach phonics, sight words, fluency, and more laying the foundation for reading success. 2010.
- Month-by-month trait-based writing instruction: ready-to-use lessons and strategies for weaving morning messages, read-alouds, mentor texts, and more into your daily writing program by Maria P Walther. 2009.
- The ramped-up read aloud: what to notice as you turn the page. 2018.
- Month-by-month reading instruction for the differentiated classroom. 2012.
- Transforming literacy teaching in the era of higher standards: model lessons and practical strategies that show you how to integrate the standards to plan and teach with confidence. 2015.
- First-grade teachers blending phonics and whole language: two case studies. 1998.
- Jan Richardson: Next step guided reading assessment. an assess-teach system built for the Common Core. 2013.
- With Pamela J. Farris: Teaching reading: a balanced approach for today's classrooms. 2004.
|SURNAME||Walther, Maria P.|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American educator|
|DATE OF BIRTH||before 1986|