Wellenhofer studied from 1984 jurisprudence at the University of Munich , where she passed her 1989 First State Exam. The second state examination followed in 1992 after his legal clerkship in Munich, Freising and London. In the same year she did her doctorate with Hermann Nehlsen in Munich with a thesis on family law. From 1992 to 1993, Wellenhofer worked as a member of the government z.A. in the Bavarian State Ministry for Economics and Transport, before she devoted herself to her academic career again in 1993 and acted as research assistant to Klaus Hopt at the University of Munich. There she completed her habilitation in 1998 and received the venia legendi for the subjects civil law, commercial law, business law and labor law.
Afterwards, Wellenhofer represented chairs at the universities of Munich, Mainz and Kassel . From 1999 to 2001 she was professor in the economics department at the University of Kassel. From 2001 to 2005 she held a law professorship at the University of Hamburg . Since the winter semester 2005/06 she has held the chair for civil and civil procedural law at the University of Frankfurt am Main , where she was dean of studies from 2013 to 2015. Since 2017 she has been Deputy Managing Director of the Institute for Civil and Commercial Law.
- Fourteen years of negative hardship clause § 1579 BGB - A critical review . VVF, Munich 1993, ISBN 978-3-88259-986-2 (dissertation).
- Supplier contracts in private and commercial law . CH Beck, Munich 1999, ISBN 978-3-406-45159-1 (habilitation thesis).
- The registered civil partnership . CH Beck, Munich 2001, ISBN 978-3-406-49789-6 .
- Family law . 3. Edition. CH Beck, Munich 2014, ISBN 978-3-406-66429-8 .
- Manfred Wolf (welcomed) & Marina Wellenhofer: Property law . 31st edition. CH Beck, Munich 2016, ISBN 978-3-406-69577-3 .
- Wellenhofer at her chair at the University of Frankfurt am Main.
- Author profile at Beck-Verlag.
- "Abuse problem not recognized" , interview with Wellenhofer from 2008 at spiegel.de.
- Goethe University - About the person. Retrieved December 15, 2018 .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Wellenhofer-Klein, Marina (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German lawyer and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 15, 1965|