Network level (power supply)
The network levels in the field of electrical energy supply are divided into different parts.
As part of the network tariff, the German, Austrian and Swiss electricity supply network was divided into seven levels. The network usage fees are determined depending on the network level from which the electricity is drawn. The distinction is basically made via the voltage level .
There are seven network levels in Germany, Austria and Switzerland:
- Level 1: extra- high voltage network with 380/220 kV, including 380/220 kV transformation
- Level 2: Transformation between maximum and high voltage level
- Level 3: high-voltage network with 110 kV
- Level 4: Switching between high and medium voltage
- Level 5: Medium voltage network up to typically 10 to 35 kV
- Level 6: Switching between medium and low voltage
- Level 7: Low-voltage network with usually 400 V.