Pedagogical Exchange Service
The Pedagogical Exchange Service (PAD) organizes international exchanges in schools. It was founded in 1952 and is Kultusministerkonferenz connected (Standing Conference of Ministers of Education in the Federal Republic of Germany). Its work is intended to enable international encounters, to improve foreign language teaching in Germany through the use of young native speakers, to promote the spread of German as a foreign language abroad and to give German educators the opportunity through exchange programs to continue their education and gain experience abroad.
The programs for foreign language assistants fall within the scope of the Pedagogical Exchange Service . These enable prospective foreign language teachers to work as foreign language assistants in a country of their target language. The Federal Republic of Germany maintains bilateral exchange programs with Australia , Belgium , China , France , Great Britain , Ireland , Italy , Canada , Mexico , New Zealand , Norway , Switzerland , Spain and the USA .
In 1995, the PAD also took on the role of a national agency for EU educational programs in the school sector. In the Erasmus + program , which runs from 2014 to 2020 and has replaced the previous program for lifelong learning, the PAD advises interested institutions and individuals in the field of school education on key actions 1 and 2 of the program:
- Key action 1: Mobility projects for school staff : Projects in which school development is promoted through further training measures for school staff (individual teaching and learning visits by teachers and pedagogical specialists) in other program countries (e.g. in the areas of teaching or control quality or internationalization). Such a mobility project comprises the planning, preparation, implementation and dissemination of the learning growth of several further training measures in the funded institution.
- Key Action 2: Cooperation to promote innovation and exchange of good practice : one to three year strategic partnerships in different project types: partnerships for the exchange of good practices (including school partnerships) and partnerships for innovation support.
The European school network eTwinning has been part of the Pedagogical Exchange Service since 2013 . On the eTwinning platform, pupils and their teachers can work on joint teaching projects in a protected virtual classroom. eTwinning connects schools and preschool institutions in Europe. German institutions can also cooperate with one another. The extensive range of advanced training courses includes seminars at home and abroad as well as online courses. The platform supports teachers on their way to a media-pedagogical and European-oriented school.
The educational exchange service is a partner of the “Schools: Partners for the Future” initiative , which the Federal Foreign Office launched in 2008 to give young people worldwide access to the German language and education. As part of the initiative u. a. School partnerships and the training of foreign teachers in Germany. The PAD maintains the partner search forum www.partnerschulnetz.de so that schools in Germany and abroad can establish contact.
Further tasks of the educational exchange service are the promotion of school partnerships and the exchange of teachers and students.
Twice a year the PAD publishes the magazine exchange forms , which can be obtained free of charge. Information on the current programs will be announced via a monthly email newsletter.
- School education area . Official Erasmus + website
- School education - Erasmus +. Retrieved March 5, 2018 .
- KMK-PAD: Erasmus +. Retrieved March 5, 2018 .
- KMK-PAD: eTwinning. Retrieved March 12, 2018 .
- About. Retrieved March 12, 2018 .
- "Students of the Heinrich-Heine-Gymnasium Kaiserslautern and the West High School make contacts - successful exchange between the partner cities" . In: Wochenblatt Kaiserslautern, July 5, 2018. Accessed July 9, 2018.
- KMK-PAD: Exchange educates - magazine. Retrieved March 12, 2018 .