Peter Jochen Winters
From 1954, Winters studied economics, political science, sociology, legal and state philosophy in Freiburg im Breisgau . In 1957 he received his diploma as an economist , in 1959 he received his doctorate with the thesis The "Politics" of Johannes Althusius and its most important contemporary sources for Dr. phil. From 1960 he was editor of Christ und Welt .
From 1963 to 1965 he observed the Auschwitz trial in Frankfurt and published his reports in Christ und Welt and the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (FAZ). Winters received the German Journalist Prize for his reports in 1965 .
Winters was editor of the FAZ from 1968 to 1999 , from 1972 in the Berlin editorial office, from 1977 to 1990 as the accredited permanent correspondent of the FAZ in the GDR . From 1989, Winters was initially a member of the founding committee and later of the working committee of the " Topography of Terror " foundation . From 1990 he observed the process of German reunification for the FAZ .
Winters is a journalist and author of scientific and journalistic works, contributes to manuals, encyclopedias, anthologies and magazines.
- Andreas Malycha, Peter Jochen Winters: The SED: History of a German Party. Verlag CHBeck, Munich 2009, ISBN 978-3-406-59231-7
- Florian Bolk (Ill.), Peter Jochen Winters (text): Sachsenhausen Memorial and Museum. Stadtwandel, Berlin 2011, ISBN 978-3-86711-169-0
- Florian Bolk (photos), Peter Jochen Winters (author): Documentation Center Topography of Terror Berlin. Stadtwandel, Berlin 2012, ISBN 978-3-86711-130-0
- Nicole Glocke and Peter Jochen Winters: In the secret war of espionage: Hans-Georg Wieck (BND) and Markus Wolf (MfS); two biographical portraits. Mitteldeutscher Verlag, Halle (Saale) 2014, ISBN 978-3-95462-253-5
- Facing the murderer in the eye: reports by a young journalist from the Frankfurt Auschwitz Trial from 1963–1965. Metropol, Berlin 2015, ISBN 978-3-86331-253-4
- 100 years garden city Frohnau: a Berlin district of its own kind. Neumann, Berlin 2010, ISBN 978-3-00-030826-0
- Nicole Glocke : Peter Jochen Winters: a life as a political journalist in the 20th century. Metropol, Berlin 2016, ISBN 978-3-86331-290-9
- Dr. Peter Jochen Winters, Berlin at zeitzeugenbuero.de
|SURNAME||Winters, Peter Jochen|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Winters, Peter J.|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German journalist and publicist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 14, 1934|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bremen|