|"The best music"|
|Radio transmitter ( private law )|
|reception||Cable , analog terrestrial, DAB +, Internet|
|Start of transmission||1st December 1983|
|executive Director||Florian Wanner|
|Program director||Roman Unterährer|
|Range||233,860 listeners (1st half of 2020, Mon-Sun, D-CH, 15+)|
|List of radio stations|
Radio Pilatus is a private radio widespread in Central Switzerland and is based in Lucerne . CH Media , a joint venture between the NZZ media group and AZ Medien , has been the owner of Radio Pilatus since 2018 . CH Media started operations on October 1, 2018. Previously, the radio belonged to the NZZ media group.
History & program
The station went on the air on December 1, 1983. A 24-hour program is offered with news from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m., on Saturday from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m., on Sunday from 7 a.m. The station's claim is “The best music”. Accordingly, Radio Pilatus plays an AC format.
On July 1, 2018, Radio Pilatus returned the license in order to have “more freedom in terms of content” and to be able to use “potential in cooperation with other broadcasters”.
The Radio Pilatus morning show is the station's flagship and is broadcast from Monday to Friday from 5 a.m. to 10 a.m. The morning show is presented by Maik Wisler, Selina Linder, Carla Keller, Liliane Küng and Boris Macek.
Fixed elements in the shipment are:
- Radio Pilatus Info (5.15 am and 7.10 am) : The most important topic of the morning from Central Switzerland or the world is examined in detail. If necessary, additional information will be broadcast at 6:10 am, 6:50 am and 8:10 am.
- Morning wish (5:50 a.m.) : Every day a listener can wish his favorite song and send greetings. You can register via the normal studio hotline 0848 20 10 20.
- Hit quiz (6.45 a.m.) : Three out of four songs have to be recognized.
- Weather talk (6.35 a.m. and 7.35 a.m.) : Peter Markus Wick and his team from MeteoNews provide information on the current weather for the current day and the following day.
- Sweepstakes 5 (7.45 a.m.) : If you guess five terms for a given letter within 20 seconds, you win the jackpot. If this does not succeed, the jackpot increases by 50 francs daily.
- Movie tip (Wednesday, 8:40 a.m.) : Radio Pilatus film specialist Philipp Portmann reports on the new movies that will start in cinemas in Central Switzerland the following day.
- Sixpack (from 9.30 a.m.) : music broadcast, six songs in a row. The music is only interrupted for urgent traffic reports or breaking news .
The programs in the daily program are presented by Nicole Marcuard, Maik Wisler, Carla Keller, Selina Linder, Liliane Merz, Roman Unterstährer, Thomas Zesiger, Marco Zibung, Damian Betschart, Michi Huser and Mira Weingart.
Fixed categories are:
- Competition 10 × 10 (10:10 am) : In the best-known and most popular competition by Radio Pilatus, a short excerpt is used to guess the voice of a prominent personality or who is active in Central Switzerland. If this does not succeed, the jackpot increases by 100 francs every day.
- Sixpack : music broadcast.
- Radio Pilatus Info (daily from 12 noon and 5 p.m.) : The most important topics from Central Switzerland and the world are discussed in depth on Radio Pilatus Info with detailed reports. Radio Pilatus reporters are out and about in Central Switzerland every day. In addition, thanks to the Bundeshaus radio and the correspondents of the German Press Agency (DPA), a broad network of correspondents can be accessed .
- Cinema tip (Thursday at 3:15 p.m.) : A film that will be shown in cinemas in Central Switzerland the following day will be presented by Radio Pilatus film expert Philipp Portmann. Tickets are also given away sporadically.
- Tips for going out (Friday and Saturday at 3:15 p.m.) : Selection of events in the city and agglomeration of Lucerne as well as throughout Central Switzerland.
Every Friday evening from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., Radio Pilatus plays the twenty songs that have been downloaded the most in Switzerland over the past week. In the Old Number One category , number 1 hits from previous years are presented, while Radio Pilatus presents a potential future number 1 hit in the chart hit. There is also an overview of the night events at 7.30 p.m. and 8.30 p.m.
Sport at Radio Pilatus
Radio Pilatus provides an overview of sporting events several times a day. In the morning show there is an overview of sports every half hour between 5.30 and 8.30 a.m. from Monday to Friday. In the evening, the sporting events are summarized at 5.45 p.m. (on weekends at 6.15 p.m.). There is also detailed sports information on the weekend at 12.45 p.m.
Radio Pilatus attaches particular importance to the most successful football club in Central Switzerland. All FC Luzern matches will be broadcast live.
No song twice
In order to underline the musical diversity, since May 14, 2012, Radio Pilatus has not played a song twice between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
The campaign was also expanded in November and December 2012. Anyone who heard a song (intentionally played twice) twice between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. and was the first to report this to the studio was rewarded with 500 francs.
Radio Pilatus Beatz TV
In its webstream service, Radio Pilatus not only offers the live program from the studio (Radio Pilatus TV), but also a 24-hour music video program with Radio Pilatus Beatz TV. Radio Pilatus TV and Radio Pilatus Beatz TV have shared a broadcasting slot on Swisscom TV 2.0 since December 2014.
Known former employees
- Andy Wolf
- Daniel Deicher
- DJ BoBo
- Gabriel fields
- Gabriela Amgarten
- Emil Mahnig
- Dani Knoll
- Benno Estermann
- Johanna Estermann
- Beat Tschümperlin
- Patricia Diermeier
- Monika Carnival
- Kurt Ebnöther
- Elvira Stadelmann
- Marco Thomann
- Rahel Giger
- Rolf Tschuppert
- Thomas Erni
- Markus Wicker
- Radio Pilatus website
- Listen to Radio Pilatus live (Windows Media)
- Listen to Radio Pilatus live (MP3 stream)
- Frequencies and locations of the channels from fmscan.org
- Radio Pilatus Beatz TV