|Properties of human protein|
|Mass / length primary structure||90 amino acids|
|Gene names||; FIZZ3|
|Parent taxon||Higher mammals|
Resistin is a peptide hormone secreted by adipose tissue . Synonym it is considered FIZZ3 or ADSF (engl. Ad ipocyte-specific s ecretory f actor ), respectively. The role of resistin has been the subject of much research. A connection between this hormone and insulin resistance , type 2 diabetes or obesity has been postulated, but this has not yet been clearly confirmed.
Human resistin in transgenic mice
Human resistin, which is expressed by transgenic mice, improves the survival rates of rodents in the case of gram-negative bacterial sepsis, which is exacerbated by an uncontrolled immune response to endotoxic lipopolysaccharides (LPS).
- CM Steppan et al .: “The hormone resistin links obesity to diabetes”. Nature 409 (2001), pp. 307-312. PMID 11201732 .
- Jessica C. Jang, Jiang Li, Luca Gambini, Hashini M. Batugedara, Sandeep Sati, Mitchell A. Lazar, Li Fan, Maurizio Pellecchia, and Meera G. Nair: “Human resistin protects against endotoxic shock by blocking LPS – TLR4 interaction ”. PNAS (2017), November, 114 (48) E10399-E10408. doi : 10.1073 / pnas.1716015114 .
- E. Adeghate: An update on the biology and physiology of resistin . Cell. Mol. Life Sci. 61 (2004), pp. 2485-2496.
- CM Kusminski et al .: The in vitro effects of resistin on the innate immune signaling pathway in isolated human subcutaneous adipocytes . J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 92 (1) (2007), pp. 270-276.
- JH Lee et al .: Circulating resistin levels are not associated with obesity or insulin resistance in humans and are not regulated by fasting or leptin administration: cross-sectional and interventional studies in normal, insulin-resistant, and diabetic subjects . J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 88 (10) (2003), pp. 4848-56.
- JR Levy et al .: Lipid metabolism and resistin gene expression in insulin-resistant Fischer 344 rats . At the. J. Physiol. Endocrinol. Metab. 282 (2002), pp. E626-E633.
- J. Malyszko et al .: Resistin, a new adipokine, is related to inflammation and renal function in kidney allograft recipients . Transplant Proc. 38 (10) (2006), pp. 3434-3436.
- PG McTernan et al .: Resistin and type 2 diabetes: regulation of resistin expression by insulin and rosiglitazone and the effects of recombinant resistin on lipid and glucose metabolism in human differentiated adipocytes . J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 88 (2003), pp. 6098-6106.
- N. Silswal et al .: Human resistin stimulates the pro-inflammatory cytokines TNF-alpha and IL-12 in macrophages by NF-kappaB-dependent pathway . Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 334 (4) (2005), pp. 1092-1101.
- SR Smith et al .: A promoter genotype and oxidative stress potentially link resistin to human insulin resistance . Diabetes 52 (2003), pp. 1611-1618.
- CM Steppan et al .: The hormone resistin links obesity to diabetes . Nature 409 (2001), pp. 307-312.