Seedling in forestry
In forestry silviculture , seedlings are divided into:
- Seedling , a single variety young plant
- Wildling , young wild plants from natural regeneration
Seedling in viticulture
Seedling is also a viticulture technical term. Today all grape varieties are propagated vegetatively by so-called blind vines (including blind wood or cuttings ), as this is the only way to ensure proper propagation. A seedling, on the other hand, arises from the germination of a grape seed either in nature or through conscious breeding by humans. The exact genetic origin of naturally grown seedlings is usually very difficult to determine; New breeds , however, all emerged from seedlings under precise scientific control and were later propagated vegetatively after a precise viticultural examination.
- Pflanzenforschung.de :: Germination (of the seeds). Retrieved March 27, 2017 (English).
- German Wine Institute GmbH: Bacchus . January 23, 2017 ( deutscheweine.de [accessed March 27, 2017]).
- www.wein-und-markt.de: What actually is a hybrid? Retrieved March 27, 2017 .
- Winery - Uwe Schöneich - Hackenheim: Oenology. Retrieved March 27, 2017 .