Sealing air is a way of sealing a cavity with the help of excess air or gas and is one of the non-contact types of sealing . The main advantages of this type of seal are its frictionless and wear-free application. The disadvantages include high energy costs, required supply lines and a high noise level .
- in mechanical engineering, where very sensitive components are protected against dust , dirt and various fluids in this way .
- at open department store entrances to minimize heat loss.
- Sealing of flue gas dampers
- Wolfgang Tietze, Handbuch Dichtungspraxis , Vulkan Verlag, 2003, ISBN 3-8027-3301-0
- Joachim Klement, Milling Head and Motor Spindle Technology: Developments and Innovations , Expert Verlag , 2008 ISBN 3-8169-2712-2