Use of language
With use of language , the use of is the language system in speaking and writing called, so the use of its units and rules. These are also features that are used to distinguish the three text functions ( appeal , presentation , expression ). Use of language is a term that is rarely used as a keyword, apparently because it is understood as synonymous with language use . Glück (1993) lists it as a keyword, namely as the German-language equivalent of English. language use . In other dictionaries, language use appears only in the explanations for other keywords such as performance or slogan or as their synonym.
- Gender equitable language
- Special language
- Language variety
- Transgression (linguistics)
- Helmut Glück (Ed.): Metzler Lexicon Language. 4th updated and revised edition. JB Metzler, Stuttgart et al. 2010, ISBN 978-3-476-02335-3 .
- http://www1.uni-hamburg.de/sprachkurse_vhs/niveaubeschreibung/sprachniveaus.pdf (PDF file; 51 kB)
- The Duden . German universal dictionary . 6th edition. Dudenverlag, Mannheim / Leipzig / Vienna / Zurich 2007, ISBN 3-411-05504-9 , does not contain the keyword.
- Hadumod Bußmann (ed.) With the assistance of Hartmut Lauffer: Lexikon der Sprachwissenschaft. 4th, revised and bibliographically supplemented edition. Kröner, Stuttgart 2008, ISBN 978-3-520-45204-7 .