Stefan Strohschneider (born September 7, 1957 in Stuttgart ) is a German psychologist. He teaches as a professor in the intercultural business communication department at the Friedrich Schiller University in Jena . Stefan Strohschneider is the founder and head of the research center for intercultural and complex working environments.
Stefan Strohschneider studied psychology . After receiving his diploma in 1985, he did his doctorate in the same discipline until 1990. He then worked from 1990 to 1991 in the “ Cognitive Anthropology ” project group of the Max Planck Society in Berlin. Stefan Strohschneider received his habilitation in the field of psychology in 2000. He carried out long study and research stays in the USA and India. Since 2007 he has held the professorship for intercultural communication at the Friedrich Schiller University Jena.
Strohschneider is a member of the University Association for Intercultural Studies (IKS), the German Society for Psychology , the International Association for Cross-Cultural Psychology and the Platform People in Complex Working Worlds e. V.
His main research interests are mainly in the areas
- intercultural and complex working environments, especially in the context of shipping,
- in the conception, creation and investigation of computer simulations in collaborative problem situations
- Exploring the cultural area of India
- System dynamics
- Comparative cultural psychology of thinking and problem solving
- Team training and intercultural training
- P. Holwitt, S. Strohschneider, R. Zinke, I. Kaiser, A. Kranert, A. Linke, M. Mähler: A study of motivational aspects initiating volunteerism in disaster management in Germany. In: J. of Safety and Security Eng. Vol. 7, No. 3, 2017, pp. 294-302.
- S. Strohschneider: Mindfulness and Affiliation in Intercultural Cooperation: An attempt to create and maintain collective formations. In: S. Wolting (Ed.): Culture and collective. Festschrift for Klaus P. Hansen. Berliner Wissenschaftsverlag, Berlin 2013, pp. 12–27.
- M. Brenker, S. Möckel, S. Strohschneider: Dealing with cultural diversity on board ships. In: A. Moosmüller, J. Möller-Kiero (Ed.): Interculturality and cultural diversity. Waxmann, Münster 2013, pp. 199–214.
- S. Strohschneider: Business games and computer simulations to convey intercultural competence. In: J. Straub, A. Weidemann, S. Nothnagel (eds.): How to teach intercultural competence. transcript, Bielefeld 2010, pp. 241-246.
- S. Strohschneider: Human factors and intercultural team development. In: Christoph I. Barmeyer, Jürgen Bolten (Ed.): Intercultural Personnel and Organizational Development Methods, Instruments and Use Cases. Verlag Wissenschaft und Praxis, Sternenfels 2009, ISBN 978-3-89673-289-7 , pp. 129-144.
- S. Strohschneider: Problem-solving processes from a cross-cultural perspective. In: G. Trommsdorff, H.-J. Kornadt (ed.): Encyclopedia of Psychology. Subject area C, Series VII: Comparative Cultural Psychology. Volume 2: Experiencing and acting in a cultural context. Hogrefe, Göttingen 2007, pp. 59-108.
- S. Strohschneider, J. Gerdes: MS ANTWERPEN: Emergency Management Training for low risk environments. In: Simulation & Gaming. 35, 2004, pp. 394-413.
- S. Strohschneider: Deciding in critical situations. Police and Science, Frankfurt am Main 2003, ISBN 3-935979-14-2 , (2nd edition 2007)
- S. Strohschneider, R. von der Weth: Yes, just make one plan: breakdowns and failures - causes, examples, solutions. (2nd completely revised, expanded and updated edition). Huber, Bern 2002.
- S. Strohschneider: Culture - Thinking - Strategy: An Indian Suite. Huber, Bern 2001.
- Research Center for Intercultural and Complex Working Worlds (FinkA)
- Institute for intercultural business communication at the University of Jena
- Prof. Dr. Stefan Strohschneider. Retrieved June 23, 2018 .
- Stefan Strohschneider, Dipl.-Psych, Dr. phil., Univ- Prof. (Head) | FinkA. Retrieved June 23, 2018 (American English).
- David IKK Munich: Interview with Prof. Dr. Stefan Strohschneider. December 2, 2012, accessed June 23, 2018 .
- Joachim Funke: Problem solving of complex, computer-simulated areas of reality: An overview . In: Complex Problem Solving . Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg 1986, ISBN 978-3-540-16247-6 , pp. 5-19 , doi : 10.1007 / 978-3-642-70994-4_2 .
|SURNAME||Straw cutter, Stefan|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German psychologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 7, 1957|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Stuttgart|