Stephan F. Schröder
Stephan F. Schröder (* 1962 ) is a German classical archaeologist .
Stephan F. Schröder was born in 1983 at the University of Heidelberg with a thesis on the subject of Roman Bacchus images in the tradition of Apollon Lykeios. PhD studies on image formulation and meaning in the late Hellenistic-Roman period . He works as a conservator in the Department of Ancient and Renaissance Sculpture at the Museo Nacional del Prado in Madrid . He is best known for his two-volume catalog of the ancient sculptures of the Prado. As a curator he was in charge of the joint exhibition of the Prado and the Dresden State Art Collections , " Transformed Gods ", which was shown in Madrid in 2008 and in Dresden in 2009. He is a corresponding member of the German Archaeological Institute .
- Roman images of Bacchus in the tradition of Apollon Lykeios. Studies on the formulation and meaning of images in the late Hellinist Roman era. Bretschneider, Rome 1989, ISBN 88-7689-020-3 ( Archaeologica , Volume 77).
- with Pilar Leon, Hourig Sourouzian: Catalog of the ancient sculptures of the Museo del Prado in Madrid. Volume 1: The Portraits. Zabern, Mainz 1993, ISBN 3-8053-1446-9 .
- Spanish: Catálogo de la escultura clásica. Volume 1: Los retratos. Museo del Prado, Madrid 1993, ISBN 84-87317-26-X .
Catalog of the ancient sculptures of the Museo del Prado in Madrid. Volume 2: Ideal plastic. Zabern, Mainz 2004, ISBN 978-3-8053-1758-0 .
- Spanish: Catálogo de la escultura clásica. Volume 2: Escultura mitológica. Museo del Prado, Madrid 2004, ISBN 84-8480-064-4 .
- (Ed.): Transformed gods. Ancient sculptures from the Museo del Prado visit Dresden. State Art Collections and Museo del Prado, Dresden and Madrid 2009, ISBN 978-3-86560-641-9 .
- Literature by and about Stephan F. Schröder in the catalog of the German National Library
- ↑ DAI member page ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
|SURNAME||Schröder, Stephan F.|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German classical archaeologist and curator at the Prado|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1962|