The Themis program is an international excellence initiative by leading universities in the fields of business law and international law . After completing the one-year program, which consists of a semester abroad, a legal internship and a specialist seminar, the participants are awarded a university certificate in international law and business law ("Joint Certificate in International and Business Law"). The program was founded in 2006 and represents a study performance of 24 to 30 ECTS within a regular study of law.
The following universities actively participate in the Themis program and allow selected students to participate.
- Free University of Berlin
- Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi (Milan)
- Universidad Ramón Llull de Barcelona - ESADE Law School
- Universidade Nova de Lisboa (Lisbon)
- Université Paris Est Créteil - Val de Marne
- Maastricht University
- Singapore Management University
- University of Economy Vienna
Selection and participation
Participants are proposed by the institutions once a year. Selected students are regularly in the higher semesters of a law degree or are pursuing advanced studies at a foreign university. Selection and participation consistently require excellent legal academic performance, and participating universities limit their selection to fewer than ten candidates per year. The theoretical part of the course takes place at one of the partner universities, while the practical training takes place in participating international law firms, legal departments of multinational corporations or international organizations.
Recognition and alumni network
The university certificate is not an independent qualification, but is awarded as part of the qualifying legal degrees of the participants. After graduation, the alumni network of the Themis program and the participating universities are available to graduates.
- Free University of Berlin . "Themis Program (Joint Certificate in International and Business Law)" , accessed May 29, 2015.
- Maastricht University . "THEMIS program" ( Memento of the original from May 29, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , accessed on May 29, 2015.