Thomas Herbst (English studies)
Thomas Herbst (* 1953 ) is a German English studies professor and professor of English linguistics.
Thomas Herbst has held the chair for English studies, particularly linguistics, at the Institute for English and American Studies since 1993. He is a founding member and spokesman for the Interdisciplinary Center for Lexicography, Valence and Collocation Research at the Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg .
Research and Teaching
Studies in English syntax, especially valence theory , translation studies and modern English learner lexicography.
- With Michael Klotz: Lexicography (= UTB 8263). Schöningh, Paderborn u. a. 2003, ISBN 3-8252-8263-5 .
- With Rita Stoll, Rudolf Westermayr: Terminology of language description: a learning dictionary for English studies. Hueber 1991, ISBN 3-190-06604-3 .
- With David Heath, Ian Roe, Dieter Götz: A Valency Dictionary of English. Mouton de Gruyter, Berlin / New York 2004.
- The phraseological view of language. A tribute to John Sinclair. DeGruyter Mouton, Berlin 2011, ISBN 978-3-11-025688-8 .
- Literature by and about Thomas Herbst in the catalog of the German National Library
- ↑ anglistik.phil.uni-erlangen.de: Prof. Dr. Thomas Herbst, Institute for English and American Studies ( Memento of the original dated December 31, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , accessed December 31, 2015
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German Anglicist and professor of English linguistics|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1953|