Trappist Abbey of Guimaras
The Trappist Abbey of Guimaras has been a Filipino monastery in Jordan , Guimaras , Archdiocese of Jaro since 1972 .
Monks from several American Trappist monasteries founded the Our Lady of the Philippines monastery on the Philippine island of Guimaras in 1972 , which became a priory in 1982 and an abbey in 1990 .
Superiors, priors and abbots
- Pedro Lazo (1972-1976)
- Athanasius Doll (1976–1982)
- Gabriel Oppus (1982–1988)
- Joseph Chu-Cong (1988–1996, first abbot)
- Filomeno Cinco (1996-2002; 2006-2012)
- John Eudes Bamberger (2002-2003)
- Alberic Maisog (2003-2006)
- Gérard Ingusan (2012–)
- Website of the Guimaras Abbey
- Page Guimaras Abbey in the Encyclopaedia Cisterciensis
- Guimaras Abbey page on the Trappist homepage
Coordinates: 10 ° 34 ′ 45.4 " N , 122 ° 34 ′ 35.6" E